Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought a 2002 in Chicago, need to ship it to PNW. Anyone here able to help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
    I'd happily volunteer to drive it cross country if you end up going that route. I have AAA too!

I got zero shit going on ATM, so I'm free whenever.
    Yeah I'll volunteer as well if you cover food and travel and such, sounds like a fun adventure to me....

Comment

Depends on the dealer (if it's a new vs. used) and what their resources are.

I don't profess to know much about all dealer operations, but...

Often, new cars are shipped by rail (enclosed) or by enclosed truck. Most new dealers that ship open trailer have the cars either shipped wrapped, or at least with some sort of protective film on the surfaces that can get damaged from road debris.

My buddy who has a smaller dealership that is more specialized at late model BMW/Audi..etc. Usually has things shipped in enclosed, since it's usually shipped flat and protected.

I'm sure others could probably bring more to light, but I do know that most dealers retain a body shop to fix small shipping blemishes.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Bought a 2002 in Chicago, need to ship it to PNW. Anyone here able to help?

When i worked at the audi dealership detailing cars. They were all shipped on open trailers but they have a cloth wrap that goes around the whole thing that unzips off once its where it needs to be. The lower grade cars hyundai, VW etc they just have a plastic wrap that sticks to the body and goes all the way around. Its a bitch to get off

A decent paint job will set you back 4-6k so id go enclosed

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
        X