Seat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat question

are these worth the money, or will they crack in half and be the cause of my demise?

fleabay ftw!

looks like a fiberglass shell. for 100 I would avoid them. seats help save lives too. good ones anyway
    sigpic

Comment

Unless they have an FIA approval (or an equivalent approval from an equivalent organization), I wouldn't touch them.

Comment

The reserve hasn't even been met. Many stock seats aren't even good enough for cars. I'd stick with an FIA approved seat as well.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I have a set in my car because i got them for $70 (locally, no shipping). I'd stick with stock seats if i could've found them for a little more (mine were trashed)

Overall, they're decent, not the crap i expected from reading threads like these.

Mine aren't the exact same ones, but i'm sure they're probably similar...mine recline. Mounting is a PITA, i ended up using angle iron and spending around $50 on it. They're pretty hard and uncomfortable, mine are breaking in and getting a little better.

The side bolster while not wearing down on the outside is breaking down on the inside probably from my wallet, nothing i noticed until i leaned in my car, put my hand there and noticed it was a little flat and i could feel the inner frame.

Comment

thanks. FIA approval, didnt even think of that.....

i just gotta find new seats!

Comment

Seats are more of a safety item than a comfort item. Skimp with seats as you would with a cage or any other safety device - at your own risk. I'd love to see crash/safety statistics with some of these knockoff seats, as I'm sure there would be some interesting results.

Not bashing knock-offs, I'd just stay away from the "produce it as cheap as possible" mentality for certain items.

Comment

Momo Start seats run around $250 new on ebay and I have heard they are pretty comfy for fixed seats. I'm getting one for the 335i, maybe two if can swing it.
                '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Working...
                X