Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking @ Colorado Springs, CO -??- Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking @ Colorado Springs, CO -??- Opinions?

So, as the title says, looking at a possible move to Colorado Springs, Co.

So, what do you folks think? Good, bad, or, otherwise?

I'll be going on a scouting trip at the end of September, maybe a two or three day adventure to check things out.

Well, if you can handle the religious lunacy that is all around the Bapti-domes in CO Springs, it's a nice place to live(I say this because Focus on the Family is headquartered there). Close to the mountains for skiing/hiking/etc, Pikes Peak, Cave of the Winds, and more. I'm from Boulder(1.5hrs away) and while I don't go down there all that often, it is much better than Denver.

Plus, the local BMW chapter's pretty active with lots of auto-x, hpde, drives, tsd, and other get togethers.

When are you coming down? There's a BMW club autocross Sept 27
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Prolly around then, Have not locked in a date yet. I just need out of here. I have been reading that Colorado is full of ex-cali folk who had to get out of the rat race here in the 90's.

Comment

Colorado Springs sucks, there's a huge Jap seen down there, just move to denver metro area. and yes we are full of you people (calites)

Comment

@Farbin- That is true, my family moved here after the bad Earthquakes in the early nineties. Never regretted it.

And there is a big "tuner" scene, though it is not just in CO Springs. Denver Metro's where it's at though.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I'm trying to get AWAY from the bullshit. I want to live where I don't have to hear fartcan exhaust, and don't have to see underbody neon. I'm leaving because it's too crowded here. Why would I want to go to another metro place somewhere else?

Comment

My friend is in the USAF Academy in Colorado Springs. (he's the one looking for an M50 manifold)

He says it sucks ass.. stupid people, etc. :(

I can put you in touch with him if you want.
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                My friend is in the USAF Academy in Colorado Springs. (he's the one looking for an M50 manifold)

He says it sucks ass.. stupid people, etc. :(

I can put you in touch with him if you want.

Awesome, PM me datails, or I'll PM you.

Comment

the metro area is the loose term for Denver, Boulder, Golden, Longmont, Arvada, etc. It's not like in CA where you have 8 "cities" with only a traffic light separating them. If you want to get away from the Ricer Stupidity, come to Boulder or Louisville. Don't know if you're relocating due to work or personal preference, but there's almost no ricer stupidity around here. Boulder/Louisville are about 30 miles from Denver, and it's soooo much nicer here.

Then again, I'm highly biased. Feel free to PM me if you want, I have relatives all over in CO
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

colorado springs is just as metro, you need to come out here and "peep" the seen. Colorado springs is only an hour and a half from denver. Just come out for a weekend take a look. I can totally understand what your saying, i lived in San Diego for 4 years and hated every moment of it, besides the surfing.

Comment

I'm looking at Black Forest, CO. In truth, I'm looking anywhere off the beaten path w/ access to the i-25. The rest of my family, (Mother, Father, two brothers, and one sister will be moving to New Mexico in the next 3-5 years. I want to have access to them without being in a major populus area. Now I live in a city of 100k residents, with 5 cities bordering it with the same or more residents 70-140k) so I want to be away from that type of "people-volume".

Comment

Boulder's 30min away from I-25 and is not bordered by any towns. You have to drive for a good 10-40 min to get to another town depending on which direction you choose. There's maybe 100k people in Boulder with maybe 50k in Louisville. There's no "people volume" here like there is in Denver or CO Springs or CA.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Yeah, I was saying Colorado Springs, as more of a place I'd like to be on the outskirts of. I have no issue driving 25-30 min into the populous areas to by groceries.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                            How set on a big city are you?

I'm dead set against it. I want out of that type of lifestyle.

Comment

I saw your response before I finished typing. But not wanting a big city's perfect; just go a little more north than CO Springs
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                              X