Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help replacing radiator (in Claremont, Inland Empire)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help replacing radiator (in Claremont, Inland Empire)

Is anyone interested in installing a new radiator for me in Claremont, which is just east of Pomona? I'll pay a reasonable rate.

Long story short: I live in Chicago, bought an '89 325i in San Francisco, and it's now sitting in my buddy's garage in Claremont waiting for me to fly out and drive it home. I found out that one of the openings on the radiator was cracked and JB Welded.

The car is going to be used for track days, so I definitely want a solid cooling system. If I'm going to replace it, I might as well do it before driving it cross country.

I am sending him a used radiator, but I'd like to have someone install it. If I take it to a shop, it will be a hassle for him, and I'll likely get gouged on the price.

If anyone local does side work or knows a shop that would be reasonable, please let me know. I don't want to have to ask my buddy to drive it too far and/or kill a whole day dealing with it for me.

- Evan

Have him take it to Taylor. They are a few miles away. I've known the staff there for over ten years. I used to run the Goodyear next door.

(I'm from Claremont, moved away a few years ago.)

Comment

when do you need this done by? I am in the area.
      :borg:

Comment

Farbin - Thanks for the recommendation on Taylor. I was aware of them, but didn't know if they had a good reputation and if they were focused on older vs. newer cars.

!kid - I am sending my buddy a radiator, and he should have it by Friday. I'm flying out to pick it up on Thursday, May 12, so I need it done then. PM me if that could work for you.

Comment

Yeah, they have a great 2002 shop car, and a few of the guys I knew there had their own fleets of e30's years before I'd found r3v.

Comment

When was the last time you were there? I went to Taylor a few months back so they can so some work on my e30 and one of the guys was shocked/surprised that my car had an s50 in it. lol

Comment

Farbin,

There's a guy in Taylor's lot who also does European cars and has some swapped E30's and E21's. He's in the back corner. What do you know about him?

I think we're talking about the pepboys plaza right?
              85 325e | 88 325i Cabrio | 90 M3 | 96 Porsche Carrera (993)

Comment

Originally posted by KBMW222 View Post
                Farbin,

There's a guy in Taylor's lot who also does European cars and has some swapped E30's and E21's. He's in the back corner. What do you know about him?

I think we're talking about the pepboys plaza right?
                340 E Foothill. Behind the Goodyear. Unless it's become a PepBoys since I moved.

Comment

no car, you have a PM
                  :borg:

Comment

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the advice and offers to help. Violet88 did the work for me and did a great job. Huge thanks.

Evan

Comment

Working...
                    X