Lookin for someone in socal who knows how to do a front wheel bearing job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin for someone in socal who knows how to do a front wheel bearing job

yep i am unemployed n broke, i do not trust myself doin big jobs like these cuz i get very impatient n start to break things -___-
    Last edited by e-durty; 05-09-2011, 04:36 PM.

The fronts are suppose to be a lot easier as you replace with whole new hub with the bearing. Here's a link to Pelican article describing the procedure: http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...eplacement.htm. If you're really cash strapped, I would suggest considering DIY again. Good luck!

Comment

i just did my rear bearings and let me tell you that was a bit of a PITA. but the fronts just from looking at it. not so bad. you will need a puller. probably the hardest part is going to be taking the old bearing off. how bad is it? and what kind of work are you looking for?

Comment

It's easy and in most cases you won't need a puller.
        My front left bearing sounded like nails in a blender when rotated and slide out easy.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

for u guys that r tryin to help, like i said i am very impatient, i get crazy when it doesnt work out, i know i will break a bolt or soemthing, i can open the whole thing up and all, id like someone on the side to help if possible.

2 things i dont have
          1= puller
          2=36mm thin wall socket

my car is a vert(every little sound is loud)
          but this wheel bearing noise sounds like my rim grinding on a railroad track

Comment

1= you probably won't need a puller.
            2= rent one from Kragen or buy it for $9.00.

Being impatient isn't an excuse.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

have someone step on the brakes and losen ;)

"Hard Work Pays Off"

1991-bmw 325i (R3vvd)
              1990- 325 (mpowa)(GC)(track)(beast)
              1988- 528e (daily driven when track car broken)

Comment

the fronts are sooooooo easy! i'd do it for $30, or a nice bottle of whiskey. sadly i live far away. cant believe no one ells would do this job for a few bucks.
                sigpic
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

anyways i wont make it to bimmerfest like this i guess im jus ganan spend my time changing it n fuck anything up hopefully

Comment

Working...
                  X