Just a Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a Warning

Contacted about this car and I am receiving suspicion, He doesn't want to give me the VIN for Carfax after I asked perfectly reasonable questions and gave my phone number that I'm a Serious buyer.

Me:
    I interested in your BMW, mind giving me the vin and answering a few questions?

-dent on hood?
    -any rust?
    -accidents?
    -why are you selling?
    -idles normally?
    -clear coat intact?

I'm sure I can work up a few more but let me know!
    Him:
    No on the Vin, quarter size dent on the hood, there is a little rust under car where battery sits, nothing major for a car that's almost 25 yrs. old other than that car is as straight as can be. No accidents, clean title, I do not drive the car and need the room for my E36,I have a bunch of emails on the car so if you are interested please leave your # and I will answer all your questions. But seriously the car speaks for itself and for the price I'm asking a person cant go wrong, there is a red (is) on craigslist that is bad ass for under 8000 other than that ?????? it's pretty slim pickings out there, Thank you for your interest.
    Me:
    I'll leave a number because I am serious but we will get nowhere if you are not going to give me the vin to carfax it...

Will

XXXXXXXXXX
    Not going to happen sorry, You know there is still such a thing as honesty in this world, I have a report and it is clean
    I also have a title that ***'s not say salvage!!!!! there was a time I believe someone changed the cluster because they did not know that the gears can be replaed. other than that if you dont think we will get anywhere by simply talking about the car, then well my car is not for you.
    Me:
    Well glws, if you were honest and had nothing to hide you would give me the Vin so I can run it and confirm.
    Him:
    Good luck to u too!!!!!!
    Just a friendly buyer beware of the car, If he was honest he wouldn't have anything to hide and would gladly give me the VIN.

Please tell me this isn't one of you guys :/
    Last edited by Wschnitz; 03-01-2013, 06:35 PM.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Lets all email him asking for the vin

edit: sent

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Saw this earlier.loooks looks like a nce car. Moot sure why he wouldn't give you the vin. That's very interesting, would there be a reason for this?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
      I'm cooler in person.

Comment

I'd buy that for a dollar

Comment

Probably something up with the Carfax and he doesn't want people knowing.
          willschnitz

Comment

You asking honest question and ya maybe something is up with the car. I recently sold my car and provided the VIN# with no problem. Just pass on it and you'll find something better.. Good Luck with your car search..

Comment

Originally posted by FARZAD View Post
              You asking honest question and ya maybe something is up with the car. I recently sold my car and provided the VIN# with no problem. Just pass on it and you'll find something better.. Good Luck with your car search..
              The point is I want others to know he has something to hide.
              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                The point is I want others to know he has something to hide.
                :up: thanks for getting the word out on this.

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                  Lets all email him asking for the vin

edit: sent
                  -1986 S50Turbo Sedan (475WHP/417WTQ) Castromotorsport Built (Sold)
                  -1987 Coupe (17x10.5"/17x14")
                  Castromotorsport / Buddha_Concept_designs Built *UnderConstruction*

Follow me on Instagram: obes_sebo
                  For more updates:)
                  Purchase FeedBack http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=278838

Comment

Also sent
                    sigpic

Comment

lol he ignored my whole email and sent me his number as a reply

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

LOL
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

So fishy...
                          willschnitz

Comment

To be honest, I feel like he has probably heard some dumb horror story about someone getting their car stolen or something after giving out a vin. I think other than the vin deal, he's being pretty straight forward.

OP, what I would do if I were you, is find a member in SD and ask them to go look at the car. Have the person get the vin and report back to you.

Taylor
                            Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                            Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

It's not worth the trouble Imo.
                              willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                              X