X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of car is this on?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I got interrupted earlier typing two questions:

1. When was the last regen?

2. Can you demand one?

Well, you answered Q2. Since you manually cleaned out the DPF, you likely don't need to force one. And, the sensor may not be needed if the DPF was clogged. Unless the sensor failed and regens have not been occurring, leading to a clogged filter.

I don't know that driving it in low gear will get the EGTs up to simulate a regen. I would recommend driving it slower to simulate city driving. If the sensor is working, a regen will eventually happen. I have read it takes 800 miles of driving or so. That is forever. Mine regens every 300-350 miles.

BTW, I am not a MB tech. Only a pharmacist. My opinion could be worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
        sukc to rol hrd

Comment

Originally posted by ficklerx View Post
          I got interrupted earlier typing two questions:

1. When was the last regen?

2. Can you demand one?

Well, you answered Q2. Since you manually cleaned out the DPF, you likely don't need to force one. And, the sensor may not be needed if the DPF was clogged. Unless the sensor failed and regens have not been occurring, leading to a clogged filter.

I don't know that driving it in low gear will get the EGTs up to simulate a regen. I would recommend driving it slower to simulate city driving. If the sensor is working, a regen will eventually happen. I have read it takes 800 miles of driving or so. That is forever. Mine regens every 300-350 miles.

BTW, I am not a MB tech. Only a pharmacist. My opinion could be worthless.
          2006 GLK320 CDI

Looks like the last regen was ~1200 miles ago. The guy's wife drives it, so I think she probably just does short trips around town and it never gets a good hot long drive to regen.

Soaked the DPF in Purple Power over night and washed it again. More little columns of ash came out. Some soot, but not nearly as much as initially came out.

Noticed that part #s suped on the pressure differential sensor. CEL hasn't come back on. I think we may have it.

Side note, what a USELESS piece of technology. SRSLY.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Thank your govt via the EPA for this stupid mandatory equipment
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              Thank your govt via the EPA for this stupid mandatory equipment
              'Zactly.

I hear rumor they're ditching DPFs in 2017......

Comment

So there's no benefit to a DPF and DOC/SCR system?

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                  So there's no benefit to a DPF and DOC/SCR system?
                  Just for the people who make and clean DPFs and who manufacture the urea systems.

Comment

So you cleaned the DPF to clear the code, and you got paid to do it. Win/win, no?

Comment

So you cleaned the DPF to clear the code, and you got paid to do it. Win/win, no?
                      This is true, but TBH I still think it's a redundant system that creates a problem to solve a problem that doesn't exist in the first place.

Dealer doesn't even clean the DPF.....they replace them.....at $2k a pop + labor.

Robbery.

Comment

So why do cars with a DOC/DPF delete pour soot into the air on hard acceleration? Is soot good?

Comment

So why do cars with a DOC/DPF delete pour soot into the air on hard acceleration? Is soot good?
                          Because most guys that have gutted all that shit are running a tune to do that or are modded all too hell and making 550+ rwhp with a shitty overly rich tune
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Basically look how much soot a bone stock late 90s Mercedes diesel puts out.

That's what they're worried about.

Comment

Just drove it.

It regened, no CEL, no codes stored.

I now have ash content at 0.04g (was 0.00g)

Load state is at 12.21% (was 109%)

My back pressure reading is 946hPa, so 137 PSI (was 959hPa, 139 PSI)
                              My pressure differential is between 4-6hPa, .05-.08 PSI (was 8hPa, .11 PSI)

Note, the before readings were before I drove the car. I honestly don't have any readings before we cleaned the filter, only a recurring CEL for the pressure differential, which pointed to the filter being clogged. Along with the mileage of the car, and this code, it was determined the filter indeed could benefit from being cleaned.

I'd say this was a success.

Comment

Working...
                              X