LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
    BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Hehe, I am working on getting parts from overseas from an irish gentlemen

Oem Green on Tan checkered Door cards
      Brown glass, Might buy all of it as back ups
      Rear headrests that the P.O stripped off mine
      stuff for my bumpers

Sorry for those subbing who aren't seeing any updates as mentioned, things wil be slow until I come back, but lucky for you guys and myself it's looking like an early return.

Comment

Just be aware of 034. They aren't known for quality or customer service. I've had friends receive brand new parts from them completely broken and useless in the box months after they were supposed to have shown up. I'd keep shopping around before you go with something from them.

That said, I'm looking forward to this.
        '87 325e 2.7i/5spd
        '02 Subaru outback (Still smells like dirty hippie)
        '86 635csi (Sold)
        '87 4KcsQT (Sold)
        '84 318i (Sold)

Comment

dude loved this car from the moment I saw it. Same color combo + glass as my euro e28. SWEET + subb'd

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBates View Post
            Just be aware of 034. They aren't known for quality or customer service. I've had friends receive brand new parts from them completely broken and useless in the box months after they were supposed to have shown up. I'd keep shopping around before you go with something from them.

That said, I'm looking forward to this.
            I appreciate the warning. I don"t regularly shop at any particular store, I picked the 034 Surge tank because it is actually a really well thought design, and upon shipment the specs are right on, nice tight fit, and many happy users. I'll be using a Bosch044 pump that has been modified slightly.

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            dude loved this car from the moment I saw it. Same color combo + glass as my euro e28. SWEET + subb'd
            I decided that the color must stay the same, Bronzit grew on me like mold does in louisiana. I'd have to say a photo shoot is in order after I get the exterior setup. So far going good.

Comment

Protip: get a late model fuel tank and put a transfer pump that feeds the high pressure pump in place of the fuel level sensor.
              Don't get starvation until the reserve light comes on

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                Protip: get a late model fuel tank and put a transfer pump that feeds the high pressure pump in place of the fuel level sensor.
                Don't get starvation until the reserve light comes on
                Originally posted by the imitator View Post
                Regarding the fuel tank, if you meant pressurized, then no sir. Fortunately the 335i uses a Low pressure fuel pump (lpfp) that has similar flow rates to a walbro 255, which then feeds into the High pressure fuel pump (hpfp)
                The lpfp is located in the fuel tank like e30s, the hpfp is on the engine.

The fuel tank from a 335i resembles that of a late model e30 fuel tank as well, with the fuel level sender being on one side, and the fuel pump on the other side.

What I am doing is incorporating a 1 liter surge tank from 034motorsports.

Since on the early models they use an in tank pump, that then goes to an external pump, then to the engine, I'll simply relocate the external one to a different location using the surge tank and a pump that is e85 friendly.
                Essentially, the intank pump feeds into the surge tank, while the pump inside the surge tank feeds the hpfp.

Bam.. I am interested in keeping the fuel level sender that way the cluster shows my fuel levels, there is a chance that the stock fuel level sender is pnp with the 335i sender wiring. Stock fuel pump is pnp from n54 to e30, which makes sense.

Surge tanks usually goes from the in tank stepper/latter pump, then to the surge tank/high pressure pump, and then remember on the newer bimmers it then goes to the hpfp on the engine.

Comment

Right on! Subbing!
                  -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                  08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                  318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                  '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                  Originally posted by roguetoaster
                  Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I'm not sure how many 323I made it here, but Im sure not many. mine was shipped to the USA by calicdan/dietel in mission viejo, California from new and surprisingly I do not have side marker lights on the body. And yes mine says 3.2L engine too.
                    unfortunately I don't have the original interior or the bronzit glass. I'm working on restoring it.

sub'd
                    sigpic
                    323i MTEC1
                    Z3 coupe
                    E60 M5

Comment

Bam.. I am interested in keeping the fuel level sender that way the cluster shows my fuel levels, there is a chance that the stock fuel level sender is pnp with the 335i sender wiring. Stock fuel pump is pnp from n54 to e30, which makes sense.

Surge tanks usually goes from the in tank stepper/latter pump, then to the surge tank/high pressure pump, and then remember on the newer bimmers it then goes to the hpfp on the engine.
                      Your early model fuel gauge will read correctly with one fuel level sensor removed. Just sayin

The late model tank has a swirl pot, similar to a surge tank. The transfer pump keeps the swirl pot full by pulling fuel from the drivers side so the passenger side stays full. Since you already got the surge tank i guess it's a moot point, but it's a simple solution to fuel starvation.
                      Last edited by pandaboo911; 05-14-2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the sub!

Originally posted by Old city bimmer View Post
                        I'm not sure how many 323I made it here, but Im sure not many. mine was shipped to the USA by calicdan/dietel in mission viejo, California from new and surprisingly I do not have side marker lights on the body. And yes mine says 3.2L engine too.
                        unfortunately I don't have the original interior or the bronzit glass. I'm working on restoring it.

sub'd
                        Right on! I wish we had an official number, it seems there were many importers back in the 80s many folks made mad cash, but we're only able to do so illegally to passing smog on non federalized vehicles etc. Upon a Vin check the life of this car began in oregon, which I'd don't believe to be completely true.

Weird, I wonder if someone filled them in, or perhaps it only had the front lights, and they replaced the 2 fenders? Hmmm or maybe your cooler than us! Lol

I am just in the middle of purchasing a box of parts from the uk, including a full set of brown glass, OEM green door cards, rear headrests and brackets, and some other parts. Then perhaps a zender front air dam if I'm lucky ;)

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                        Your early model fuel gauge will read correctly with one fuel level sensor removed. Just sayin

The late model tank has a swirl pot, similar to a surge tank. The transfer pump keeps the swirl pot full by pulling fuel from the drivers side so the passenger side stays full. Since you already got the surge tank i guess it's a moot point, but it's a simple solution to fuel starvation.
                        Oh duh, I read you loud and clear now. On the newer bmw's the gas tanks use a venturi style or a suction type transfer tube, at least that's how it looks in the 2012 328i gas tank I have. This is convincing me more to using the plastic 335i Gas tank more and more, read on.

The 335i gas tank being plastic is non corrosive, lighter and witholds everything I need as a PNP feature. I should have clarified regarding the fuel level sender. In order to do this swap you must use the cluster from that 335i, that is the easiest way atleast.

What I meant was I want to have an accurate fuel gauge on the 335i cluster, the one thing I haven't tried or know if yet, is if the fuel level sensor from the e30 is calibrated similarly to that of a 335i unit. I know the fuel pump is pnp as hakentt has mentioned, but I am not sure about the e30 fuel level sensor to 335i cluster.. this would be awesome, and convenient though!

I think I might fish for a 335i gas tank for giggles, the subframes are coming down, why not.. the 328i gas tank cost me 20 bucks, but I can't use it due to being a sealed SULEV unit, these units are non serviceable once opened.

Thanks for talking that out with me.
                        Last edited by the imitator; 05-14-2015, 08:24 PM.

Comment

e30 323i N54 teaser

Thanks for the sub!

Right on! I wish we had an official number, it seems there were many importers back in the 80s many folks made mad cash, but we're only able to do so illegally to passing smog on non federalized vehicles etc. Upon a Vin check the life of this car began in oregon, which I'd don't believe to be completely true.

Weird, I wonder if someone filled them in, or perhaps it only had the front lights, and they replaced the 2 fenders? Hmmm or maybe your cooler than us! Lol

I am just in the middle of purchasing a box of parts from the uk, including a full set of brown glass, OEM green door cards, rear headrests and brackets, and some other parts. me.

Nope original fenders and qtrs are intact with no body work. The wires are there but I suspect they modified them to the bumper trim and eventually someone changed the trim along the way.
                          I got my full minty mtec1 kit and I just bought some mtec material from over seas to redo the interior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          sigpic
                          323i MTEC1
                          Z3 coupe
                          E60 M5

Comment

Ahh that makes sense. That is awesome without a doubt!

I'll help you get euro glass if you help me get mtech, or pine green checkered cloth! hehe
                            Ya, you can see my rear mtech 1 needs some work, and I think I dig the style of a different front airdam for now rather than the mech 1 airdam.

Comment

There bunch of pine green interior seats on German eBay, but for touring. I don't think they made pine green checkered for coupes or sedans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              sigpic
                              323i MTEC1
                              Z3 coupe
                              E60 M5

Comment

for your MSD80 DME you really just need the CAS and matching key to make it start. of course you'll also want a bunch of modules - the battery module, fuel pump module, electric fan module, etc. Error codes are pretty easy to remove.

the fuel level sensors on the E30 are nothing like newer BMWs. If you want to use the E90 cluster, you will need to swap over basically all of the rest of the E90's electronics over - including light control modules, the DSC system, etc. the only inputs to the cluster are basically power and CAN signals. Otherwise, it might be a heck of a lot simpler to just use the E30 cluster.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X