Just picked up another E30 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked up another E30 today

The new one is an 89 325i, to replace my 88 325is. It is in much better shape than my other one, but now I have to figure out what to do with my 88! I will probably just part out the 88.

Here's a couple pics, nothing earth shattering:
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

I can't believe someone sold you a 325is with an eta motor! That beats my purchase of my 1988 325 needing a new "idle control valve" when in reality the motor was thrashed with bent valves!
    ________
    Triumph Rocket III
    Last edited by Wes325; 01-22-2011, 12:21 PM.
    - 318is 4 life

Comment

Not trying to be malicious, but HOW THE HELL do you buy a car with a trashed engine and think its an idle control valve?

And didnt you notice the lack of rev's when you bought your e-motored 'iS'???? :shock:
      Below the radar...

Comment

I'm looking for the later body e30 for a project car (88-91 so I can upgrade to M-Tech bumpers with minimal work). I'm down in Valdosta (and will soon be up in Atlanta). PM me when / if you're getting rid of the car (as for now, I'm short of cash, thus the move to atlanta and a new job starting mid November).

-Prince
        Randall Prince
        http://www.rp1.us/ Used Cars

Comment

I bought my car before I knew much about the E30, I ASSumed that an I motor would be in an I car. The funny thing is, it's running on the Motronic computer! It does have some power, just bottom end power. It moves with the 3.73LS rear end, too.

Comment

Here's a question....have you run the VIN? If not, you might find that the car was originally a 325, not a 325is. It would have had a 'i' spec tach, since it would be a Super Eta. Just a thought, especially since the Super Eta's used the Motronic system that you say your '88 has. Do you have any more pics of the car? Like interior and such? We can see if you have sport seats (I don't think any Super Eta's came with them), check out the idiot lights on the dash, etc. It is possible you bought a mild form of Rice...someone badging a car up a bit to LOOK faster/more expensive, without actually doing anything else to it.
            SOMEBODY messed with my sig so now you get this one:

Comment

I'd say the body colored mirrors give it away as an "iS" unless the PO changed the color..same with the weaves unless they were added later

Comment

There's a lot of wierd stuff about this car. Its got the 3 spoke steering wheel and sport seats. Im not sure what type of tach it is, but it is listed as a 325IS on the title. It has a 3.73LS rear end, which is odd considering 4.10's were supposed to come in the automatic cars. The head on the engine reads '2.7ETA' so I assume it's not a 88 super ETA motor. Anyway, I added a few more pics for the curious.

Comment

Working...
                X