Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable Mp3 Players

I want a good portable Mp3 player.
    I want one that can hold.... +/-30 songs.
    Anyone have any positive experiences with a specific type?
    I am on a Windows OS so an i-pod is out.

Chris
    Below the radar...

well if you have your heart set on an i-pod, there are windows versions.

i too was once set on an mp3 player, however i came accross minidisc players. they're more bang for the buck in my opinion. they're slightly larger than most mp3 players but have the ability to hold up to 180 minutes of music per disc on pretty good quality. lp2 as its labelled. an entry level md player will run you from 100-200 dollars respectively, and discs can be 2-3 dollars each. also another great thing about md players, the discs are fully customizeable, say you make a mix and you dont like a particular track, u dont have to format the whole disc, you can just remove that one track, or you can edit your playlists with the click of a mouse. md players also play mp3's, they burn discs in about 10 mins on my machine. its a p4 2.4g with 256mem. some md players have a mic in input so you can record lectures on the discs and play them back at stereo quality. so think of it this way, you can buy an mp3 player for 100 bucks and play about 40 mins worth of music, or youc an get a md player for 100 bucks and play 3 full albums. the call is yours bud

-karlo
    ________
    VOYEUR CAMERA
    Last edited by Gr00v3; 05-12-2011, 10:08 AM.

m42brigade

r3v Photo Crew: Founding Member

Originally posted by Eurospeed
    Guys like him are the reason I love it when people do things to their cars that are different. It just like anytime Karlo posts a thread with pics of his car, I love watching all the elitist pricks on this site shit their pants when they see an E30 that doesn't fit their standards.

Comment

I thought about Mini-disks. a few of my friends have those...

I'd be open to those as well.
      Below the radar...

Comment

check out www.archos.com and look at the archos jukebox and then check out www.rockbox.haxx.se for upgraded firmware

-adam

Comment

Wat do you mean iPod is ruled out? The PC compatible ones have been out for a while.

Seriously, if you want an MP3 player, get the best, ie: an iPod. I use mine at least 6 hours a day, and it hasn't missed a beat. It's one of the originals, and was the first one into NZ. Sure, I payed dop dollar for it, but the way i see it, i've used it so much, it doesn't owe me a cent.

Comment

I wanted an iPod, but it's kind of bulky.
            I want something super-small, and can hold maybe 1 hour of music. Something I can strap to my arm and workout with.

Too bad I'm not willing to cough up the money, if it's that expensive, I dunno if I can justify it for 1 hour of music while I workout.

Comment

How is the iPod bulky? It's the size of a deck of cards. Plus, I think it's the smallest jukebox on the market.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

md players arent bulky in the least, just go to your local best buy and check them out. a great md forum is www.mindisct.com its got everything md u need.

-karlo
                ________
                Amazon gift cards
                Last edited by Gr00v3; 05-12-2011, 10:09 AM.

m42brigade

r3v Photo Crew: Founding Member

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                Guys like him are the reason I love it when people do things to their cars that are different. It just like anytime Karlo posts a thread with pics of his car, I love watching all the elitist pricks on this site shit their pants when they see an E30 that doesn't fit their standards.

Comment

For 40 gigs, the Ipod is not bulky at all.
                  My friend has the new 40 gig Ipod and it kicks ass...especially with the radio transmitter.
                  Get the usb adapter and its also used as a portable hard drive...
                  with our school connection (dual T1's) my buddy sets his computer to download hundreds of songs, movies, tv shows (every simpson episode) and leaves his laptop at school overnight.
                  Try and fill 40 gigs of songs...pretty hard. Thats like 10,000 songs.

Bottom line...Ipod kicks ass, don't fool around with mp3 players when there is the Ipod.

Comment

ipod would be the go for me, but i cant justify the expense right now.

these look pretty cool, never seen em in persone tho

sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

do a little research on the archos before you go and think the ipod is all that i owned one of the first archose models and when i broke it i went out and bought another one because they are so good they are a bit heavyer and bigger than the ipod but they are ay sturdy i droped mine outta a suv and it didnt even miss a beat

-adam

Comment

I have an iPod, love it and know you would too, but they command a pretty hefty premium (pay for the best, I guess). However, for a little less money, Archos (www.archos.com) makes a very competitive product. Make sure to explore their site beyond the music section. Looks like they've got some that will play movies and stuff right on the screen (course, they probably cost about three times as much as an iPod). Make no bones about it, iPod is the best, but at least look at what Archos has to offer and see if the style, interface and size differences are worth the money.

Comment

I mean in an athletic sense of view, an iPod is bulky.

I don't care if it hold 500 gigs, it's still kinda big and heavy. Havy you guys ever held a tiny (32MB cheapy thing) in one hand, and an ipod in the other? I want something that doesn't bounce around when I'm running, or be so big you have the cinch it down and kill your arm.

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW
                            I mean in an athletic sense of view, an iPod is bulky.

I don't care if it hold 500 gigs, it's still kinda big and heavy. Havy you guys ever held a tiny (32MB cheapy thing) in one hand, and an ipod in the other? I want something that doesn't bounce around when I'm running, or be so big you have the cinch it down and kill your arm.
                            Then buy the friggin belt clip!

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

Originally posted by MattE30
                              Then buy the friggin belt clip!
                              I want to keep the cord as short as possible, so it doesn't get in the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X