Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what type of music is everybody into?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So what type of music is everybody into?

Originally posted by Diplomat
    Ive fallen for progressive and deep house music. My brother took me to DC once to see deep dish and i was forever hooked. One day, I want to see Nick Warren before I die. Before that I was into folk music and southern rock...allman bros., simon & garfunkle, and I really liked Traffic. However, my favorite "band" is Pink Floyd...by the way which one's pink ;)
    Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull are 2 of the greatest bands ever.
    Below the radar...

Comment

Drum & Bass

Kraftwerk
      Rock (all kinds)
      Classical piano

Comment

I like all kinds, vocal trance, trance, german rap, rap, some rock, underground rap. I saw Atmosphere at a show in Seattle a few weeks ago, he is the fucking shit.

matt

Comment

hardcore, ska, metal...some hiphop....Mos Def rules..Massive Tone, The Roots....ect ect..
          -alex
          i take pictures.

Comment

Singer/songwriter stuff, sort of an alt-country sort of vibe I guess you could say. Guys like Chris Knight, Bela Fleck, Uncle Tupelo, Wilco, Son Volt, Gillian Welch, Ryan Adams, Gram Parsons (of course), Kasey Chambers, Allison Moorer (saw her a few weeks back in a tiny club, amazing) Hank III, stuff along those lines.

-Charlie
            Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
            '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
            FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Werksmini
              Atmosphere
              werd, there local for me.
              Good stuff, Great stuff

Sold it.

Comment

All kinds of rap, I've been getting back into underground lately.

Been listening to alot of techno and dance too.

Hawaiian music is the best though. Really old school songs. And chanting.

Comment

Ill listen to almost anyhting....

Blues - BB King, Clapton, Luther Allison, Blues Brothers
                  Techno - Oakenfold, DJ Sammy
                  Old School Metal - Motley Crue, Def Leopard, Twisted Sister, Judas Priest
                  80s - Almost anything 80s
                  Classical - Mozart, Beethoven
                  Contemporary Country
                  Select 70s stuff

but I always go back to my tried and true all time favorite band..............R U S H

Comment

Originally posted by TIATO
                    Techno - Oakenfold, DJ Sammy

Neither of those guys make techno. Well Oakenfold might, he hasn't really done anything of value lately...

Comment

Hey I like techno, like I used to listen to oakenfold, but I dont really know what or where to find it. I like alot of the stuff in DVinsight films, but where can you find groups like that, or do you know and of that kind? wErd

I bombed Korea every night.

Comment

Techno is a genre of electronic music. Calling DJ Sammy or pre-sellout Oakie a techno DJ is like me saying I go to race tracks when all I'm really doing is autocrossing.

Most of the music on the DVinsight is cheesy. PPK makes good music but for some reason it seems that the more people who listen to you, the worse your music gets. I do like DJ Aurel though.

Anyway, check out www.digitallyimported.com

Comment

Originally posted by steve30
                          I don't like hip hop. Talking about fucking women, cars, drugs, and money was cool back in the mid nineties.
                          You're confusing hip hop with rap. If you're going to stereotype something, please try to get the genre right. :up:

I like hardcore and metal probably the best, I was raised on metal and hard rock. I'm really into most Victory Records bands, as well as most of the bands on RoadRunner Records. One of my favorites right now is Killswitch Engage. I'm also a really big hip hop fan, stuff like Deltron3030 and Swollen Members. I'm big into drum'n'bass and scratching also. DJ Shadow, Q-Bert and X-Ecutioners are my faves.

And I'm a HUGE cKy and HIM fan.

Originally posted by Werksmini
                          I used to listen to oakenfold, but I dont really know what or where to find it.
                          He has a badass song on the Matrix Reloaded soundtrack called "Dread Rock".

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed88
                            I don't like hip hop. Talking about fucking women, cars, drugs, and money was cool back in the mid nineties.
                            You're confusing hip hop with rap. If you're going to stereotype something, please try to get the genre right. :up:
                            bah, "rap is something you do, hip hop is something you live". i dont think i need to name the author of that line ;)
                            sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

Originally posted by Streetspec_iS
                              Originally posted by Eurospeed88
                              bah, "rap is something you do, hip hop is something you live". i dont think i need to name the author of that line ;)
                              WERD

Comment

afi, eminem, american rejects, d12, the exies, some obie trice, some blink 182

kinda even mix between rap and rock/alternative.
                                Michael Spiegle

'01 Ford Escape / Daily Driver
                                '99 M3 / Track Car
                                '87 325is bronzit / wtf car
                                '06 Daytona Triumph 675 / Daily Rider

Comment

Working...
                                X