No announcement yet.

Who do I blame for a sh!tty tax return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the feeling I'm going to be screwed this year. We claimed the right # of deductions on my wife's W4, but she changed jobs and didn't make enough for them to take out any taxes (apparently), which makes no sense - but anyway, it's like I had an extra $10k in untaxed income. ugh.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I think option #1 really applies to you. :-P
      AWD > RWD

Comment

That's the funny thing, we made a combined $18,000 less last year than the year before. lol.

I ran a quick # based on last years return and it wasn't so bad - I might owe between $400-$1000 depending on what my deductions look like.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ah taxes and tax returns. I haven't received a tax return in 5 years and I'd prefer it that way. I'd rather take home as much as I possibly can and know that the Federal Gov't isn't hoarding my money for 12 months interest free. I didn't like having to stroke an $8000 check (not even close to bad compared to others I know) on April 15th two years ago but I should have sent in more for my quarterly payments, oh well. I'm looking forward to being able to count my losses in 2016 and my profits in 2017 to take advantage of Trump's favorable tax plans.
          2004 BMW e60 525i - Daily
          1996 BMW e36 M3 - Toy
          1994 Jeep Wrangler - Summer Toy
          1993 Range Rover Classic - Handsome Looker that never gets driven

Comment

Working...
          X