• Show
Clear All

Heat pump.

Quiet
    No mess
    works as AC in the summer
    Takes up minimal space
    efficient

12000BTU unit (~1000sqft) seems to be $900CAD(so I assume like $2USD) for the hardware, just need it installed, which supposedly runs less than $500 around here.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
      Heat pump.

Quiet
      No mess
      works as AC in the summer
      Takes up minimal space
      efficient

12000BTU unit (~1000sqft) seems to be $900CAD(so I assume like $2USD) for the hardware, just need it installed, which supposedly runs less than $500 around here.
      Requires air handler to work.
      A heat pump is just one piece of a two piece a/c system. Evaporator and heat pump/ or ac only condenser. You also require an air handler/fan etc.

All in out west installed its around $8k.
      Heat pumps also only produce adequate heating supply temp down to around -2 Celsius, anything lower and you need auxiliary heat.........like a furnace or electric duct heaters.
      Originally posted by codyep3
      I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
      2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
      1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
      1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
      2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
      2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
      2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
      2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
      2010 F650gs twin
      2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
        Bring your motorcycle upstairs to the living room.

You're welcome. B)
        That's how my dad got divorced from his prior wife. She didn't understand that his 409 engine on a stand to rebuild was more important than the kitchen table to eat on lol. ((( He had a car port / no garage.))) Anyways ...... I would be more worried about the fumes before anything else,unless its vented properly.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

No mention if this is going to be DIY or are you having it inspected by town's building inspector.

My basement stays about 55 with oil furnace heating the home, if I fire up the wood furnace it's about 75 down there. Wood furnace makes about 180-210BTU

AS mentioned Minisplit but they are expensive and require 220V line. I have one for my bonus room above my garage.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
            Requires air handler to work.
            A heat pump is just one piece of a two piece a/c system. Evaporator and heat pump/ or ac only condenser. You also require an air handler/fan etc.

All in out west installed its around $8k.
            Heat pumps also only produce adequate heating supply temp down to around -2 Celsius, anything lower and you need auxiliary heat.........like a furnace or electric duct heaters.
            I'm going to call hard bullshit on the -2deg C claim. My wife's parents are using one in Northern NB where it's -10~20 all winter and I can verify that at that range it's still working great.

I don't know what you mean by an air handler. All the installs I've seen are just the outdoor unit and the indoor unit with build in blower.
            Like this kit: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/12000-BTU-Duc...-/222134879574
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
              Bring your motorcycle upstairs to the living room.

You're welcome. B)
              This^ My brothers always brought their superbikes in the living room...Then proceeded to fill the house with exhaust from revving.

*Note: I would highly advise AGAINST the fuel heater, you'll do some heavy damage to your brain in such a small area. My uncle had one in his shop before the boiler was hooked up. You had to crack the doors because you would get dizzy. That's an area with three lifts.
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
              X