This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
    Ive been thinking about picking up a film camera ( like maybe an AE-1) do any of you guys have experience with film?
    personally, i have never shot olympus. i suppose they do make good cameras and lenses. they are a lot more uncommon, though.

if it were me, i would shoot nikon or canon in that order. there are just so many more lens choices available. if you have friends shooting slr equipment, you can trade off lenses with them if they shoot the same brand you do.

you can buy a camera like an blackbird's f4 very reasonably on eBay. its a very good camera. for a little over 200.00 or perhaps 250, you can get into an f5 which is almost the best film camera that nikon ever made. choosing the right glass is another story that will fill up the pages of another entry on this thread.

i don't know your experience level or budget but if i were to dabble in film, i would step up to a medium format camera like the mamiya 6. this is the camera i am looking at right now.
    Last edited by flyboyx; 06-27-2016, 11:48 AM.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

if you get really serious, there is always 4x5. here is a pic of my Wista SP.

sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

This is Photography

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
        Ive been thinking about picking up a film camera ( like maybe an AE-1) do any of you guys have experience with film?

Check out Pentax K1000s too. The K1000 SE has a split screen focus like the AE-1 but has a better (in my opinion) light metering system. The AE1 meter tells you what aperture to set while the K1000 tells you what shutter speed to set. It's definitely easier to get shots with the K1000 if you like doing soft depth of field type images. However, if you don't care as much about the aperture setting and just want the camera to figure that stuff out for you, both the AE-1 and AE-1 program have a setting where the camera will set the aperture its self.

The Canon f/1.8 and the Pentax f/2 lenses are both great.

If you pick up a K1000 keep an eye out for the earlier ones that had Asahi printed on the outside of the viewfinder.

I shoot with Nikon FM2s and F3s and I still love picking up one of those old K1000s time to time.

Comment

the Olympus OM-1 is a great starter film camera if you can find a good one. Love mine.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

^
            I have casually been looking at pawn shops and yard sales and so on for on OM4 or OM4-TI I really like the old Oly stuff. Look into their telephoto primes, their top tier stuff was some of the best there has ever been.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I took some pictures before my schools car meet a few days ago, they came out really dark though.
              E30Ingarage.jpg by Matthew Wiseman, on Flickr

IMG_0010.jpg by Matthew Wiseman, on Flickr

IMG_0012.jpg by Matthew Wiseman, on Flickr
              [
              url=https://flic.kr/p/N6QZFZ][/url]IMG_0014.jpg by Matthew Wiseman, on Flickr
              88 325is Five Speed
              Lachssilber

Comment

If anyone uses digital photo frames, let me know please. I am thinking of buying one, cause I have too much photos to put them on a wall. Just need an advice which one should I choose

Comment

If anyone uses digital photo frames, let me know please. I am thinking of buying one, cause I have too much photos to put them on a wall. Just need an advice which one should I choose
                  Detailed Digital Photo Frames reviews, along with specs, comparisons and guides to help you make the right choice.

Comment

What happened to this thread? Last update in February.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

20170517-36905307941_92059bbe0d_o by Wschnitz, on Flickr

Probably just that its winter and cold.

That and unless you snipe the right time of day it looks nasty and slushy here. So I've just been editing old pics.
                      willschnitz

Comment

Tried out a Pano, Im not expert but im happy with it for a 30 mins time plus some walking to take pics.

LakeMenomPano by Wschnitz, on Flickr
                        willschnitz

Comment

Ive never been a pano person. I would say mainly just because I don't have any good ways to view them. Social media pages don't really do well with long skinny images.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Yeah its hard to tell its a 19K x 4K picture on a webforum, Im just bored waiting to fly home.
                            willschnitz

Comment

it snowed a little the last few days so after 4 hours moving snow around I went for a little drive after it cleared off and the sun came out

IMG_1428 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

IMG_1417 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

And one from the front yard looking at the ski hill about sunset

IMG_1440 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

20171225-IMG_1169 by Wschnitz, on Flickr
                                20171225-IMG_1208 by Wschnitz, on Flickr
                                20171224-IMG_1084 by Wschnitz, on Flickr

Took some okay pictures over christmas, really need to get better at taking sharp photos though, have to give the sharpness filter the beans in lightroom and it feels terrible, Or mask the blur with editing.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X