Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECS Clutch Kit

Hey,

I know it's probably a common asked question and I have researched but being a newb with clutches...I need some advice.

I've got a 1991 m42, which right now has a stock clutch. The only thing I have done to the car in terms of power is a MarkD 91 octane chip.

I am thinking about doing a stage 1 clutch...any advice? Just in what clutch kit to buy...etc? I'll be getting a shop to do the job, I'd just like to source the parts myself.

Anyone have any reviews on this kit? http://www.ecstuning.com/ES125/

Any help or suggestions as to which clutch kit/route to go would be awesome

Thanks

1987 325 | @e30_hunter |

With just a chip you can stay with the standard clutch kit, like a Sachs or whatever (they're plentiful on eBay, etc). The ECS kit is probably for an M20, right? You can do this but you will also need a 323i throw-out bearing and a late model ('88 and after) M20 starter for it to work in your M42. Search for M20 flywheel swap for M42 here and in M42Club.

Comment

I know the chip doesn't add enough power to 'have' to go to a tsage 1 clutch haha.

Ya, I was hoping that somebody would have just created a kit that includes everything I need

1987 325 | @e30_hunter |

Comment

A lighter flywheel is a nice mod. Look into Metric Mechanic's M20 flywheel conversion kit. It is a little pricey, but it is just about the lightest setup you can put in there. They can swap the ring gear to an M42 one, or you can pull the pinion gear assembly from a late model M20 and put that into your starter body.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Working...
        X