Arc Asylum subframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwlo View Post
    I'm not sure Tyler is doing m54 setups anymore. Given all the problems I encountered not sure I would recommend his stuff to others.

Chris
    My M54 experience was very positive. He fabricated the oil pan to fit a modified subframe. He massaged a few sets of headers to fit. Everything fit like a glove with excellent workmanship and good communications.

I highly recommend!

Comment

Yes, I noticed your satisfaction before buying mine. In fact, it appears there are a lot of satisfied customers. I think his subframe is a great solution and we are lucky to have such an option. However, unfortunately my delivered oilpan had multiple issues wrong with it, along with many unfulfilled promises. He apologized, and even refunded me some of the money twice, but in the end, he basically walked away from it, and had me find a local welder to fix. Sure, we all have days when everything goes wrong, and my job was certainly it. But, I had nothing to do with it. Each time he screwed up, I kept my mouth shut, ever mindful that he is the only game in town. Anyway, he got fed up with it, and so now, I am basically on my own, and so I write this to warn others.

Comment

I started an order with Tyler a couple of months ago and now have not heard from him in weeks after saying on a Saturday that it would ship on Monday. That was 2.5 weeks ago. And I am now missing races because I can't install my engine.

My only other options is get an e34 oil pan (Not ideal) or dry sump (Expensive).

Does anyone know of other options for a M54 swap and still keep the rear sump?

Mike
        - 1998 E36M3/4 (retired)
        - 2005 E46 330i ZHP (totaled)
        - 2007 E90 335i Black/Blk/Alu Trim (retired)
        - 2009 E90 M3 - Jet Blk on Blk DCT, Premium Pkg, Tech Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Moonroof, PDC, Ipod, Sat - Picked up 9/25/09
        - 1987 E30 325is - BMWCCA Club Racing DM

Comment

Originally posted by dolby View Post
          I started an order with Tyler a couple of months ago and now have not heard from him in weeks after saying on a Saturday that it would ship on Monday. That was 2.5 weeks ago. And I am now missing races because I can't install my engine.

My only other options is get an e34 oil pan (Not ideal) or dry sump (Expensive).

Does anyone know of other options for a M54 swap and still keep the rear sump?

Mike
          He is crazy busy, I spoke with him today, one man operation and had some powder coating issues. Not an excuse but he is definitely behind. I am hoping mine ships out this weekend.
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Thanks for an update.

I understand busy, but I asked him if it was not going to be finished with powdercoat in a day to go ahead and ship it.

Just hoping he gets a minute to invoice me and ship it out.
            - 1998 E36M3/4 (retired)
            - 2005 E46 330i ZHP (totaled)
            - 2007 E90 335i Black/Blk/Alu Trim (retired)
            - 2009 E90 M3 - Jet Blk on Blk DCT, Premium Pkg, Tech Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Moonroof, PDC, Ipod, Sat - Picked up 9/25/09
            - 1987 E30 325is - BMWCCA Club Racing DM

Comment

Did either of you guys Buy pans and cross-members from him or did you both ship your stuff to him to be modified.
              1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
              5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_TUNER View Post
                Did either of you guys Buy pans and cross-members from him or did you both ship your stuff to him to be modified.
                I shipped my pan to him. I have not shipped my subframe yet, I havent had time to take it out. I am paying a core then when I get him my frame I will get it back.
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I spoke to him this week about my exhaust. It's definitely worth the wait - the pan, subframe, and headers I have from Tyler made the install super easy.
                  Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                  COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
                    I spoke to him this week about my exhaust. It's definitely worth the wait - the pan, subframe, and headers I have from Tyler made the install super easy.
                    Communication with him seems satisfactory. He sometimes replies to you within minutes or takes days to reply back. Right now It seems that his powder coating guy is lagging thus mine and some other subframes are lagging. He was supposed to get things settled before the july 4th weekend but it seems like that's not going to happen. I will try to get a hold of him at the end of the week.

Comment

What's the latest on full-fab subframes?

Comment

They are nice. Really beefy sway bar mounts, lots of gussets, quality welds as usual. Just got one in for a swap - along with headers and oil pan. His parts are really good quality.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Pics or details of the full fab subframe?
                          -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
                            Pics or details of the full fab subframe?
                            Looks exactly like the pics posted earlier by Tyler...

Originally posted by TinyT View Post

Just an update on parts.
                            Although I haven't been able to get a fully fabricated piece into production, the subframe modifications have been revised even more. They include much stronger sway bar mounts which place the bar on top of the new mount, between the frame rail for better clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:
                            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Ah, I thought that was a V2 improvement on the original since it still uses a lot of the OEM subframe. In my mind fully fabricated would imply somthing like a tubular subframe.

Either way, the new subframes look like a great improvement!
                              -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

So, is this an interim solution towards the final design (full fab) or is this "it"? I'll need to look at my v1 design again but this looks much more substantial. I like!

Comment

Working...
                                X