MS3x Wiring HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS3x Wiring HELP!

So, now that photobucket has decided to take a dump on all forums, I am without much support for getting my MS3x setup with my m50. I have found the following diagrams which i believe to be quite helpful, but I can't find much information on the relay circuits due to all the photos being taken down everywhere. I would really appreciate any help that anyone has to offer, the timing couldn't be more inconvenient. Hopefully this belongs here and not in the car audio/electronics subforum.

This is what I have found after a few hours of searching. I am also unsure of what "FN" stands for in the column titles. Function?

General Diagram: http://www.megasquirt.325ix.com/MS_t...c%203.3.1.html

Grounds Diagram:
    Last edited by NEOe30; 07-11-2017, 09:55 AM.

to add to this, I have an m50nv. I believe those diagrams are for a Vanos engine, so i am stuck.

Comment

Yes, I created that diagram for a VANOS harness (what I used on my M20). However, it's really similar. Download an ETM for an M50NV car, and just compare the pins where they are different. the megasquirt side will be the same, I think mostly the injection harness is what moved pins at the DME.

yes, FN means function.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        Yes, I created that diagram for a VANOS harness (what I used on my M20). However, it's really similar. Download an ETM for an M50NV car, and just compare the pins where they are different. the megasquirt side will be the same, I think mostly the injection harness is what moved pins at the DME.

yes, FN means function.
        awesome, thank you, ive been wiring in anything that's the same to get a head start.
        by etm, are you referring to the WeDoPhones chart with the ecu pinout? Ive been trying to create my own spreadsheet to eventually share. The biggest issue is that I have ms3x and a m50nv so only a few of the wires match up with your chart and actually makes sense to me.

Comment

there is a new shop in richfield that might be able to help you as well. they are currently helping me with my s52 swap. its called flitzen factory

Comment

Originally posted by shootnjunky View Post
            there is a new shop in richfield that might be able to help you as well. they are currently helping me with my s52 swap. its called flitzen factory
            thanks! I have a local shop that's willing to offer help, I actually ordered it from them and had my downpipe made. Cool guy actually, however I'd take a lot more pride in it if I wired everything up myself by reading the diagrams etc.

Comment

I have created a wiring diagram/spreadsheet if anyone is willing to look it over...

Comment

just cant get the car to connect to megasuirt now, any help is appreciated

Comment

Have you tried connecting outside the car and using a power source?
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                    Have you tried connecting outside the car and using a power source?
                    hey there, I think I know my issue... feel so stupid for overlooking it but im a first time MS'er here. I ONLY have the top harness plugged in (expansion board?)... I have a clip for the bottom harness (main board I believe?) but no wires, so i think thats a mistake by my tuner for not ordering the harness... nonetheless, what wire #s do i need to connect on the bottom plug to power it up?

also, how would i go about connecting outside the car? thanks for your patience.

Comment

Can you post pics?
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:
                      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                        Can you post pics?
                        Here is the wiring harness I'm using, top port only as I said... Not sure if i need the other. Along with my vaccum/boost source.

Here is the other side of the MS3x, just my USB A/B cable for connecting to laptop.

And finally the extra plugs that came with the kit... pretty sure the small one is for add-ons like wide band, etc, but not sure. No clue about the longer one.

Comment

Anyone? Do I need the bottom harness?

Comment

Working...
                          X