No announcement yet.

Cafe Racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my cafe/street fighter inspired project. It's got parts from 78/81/85 suzuki gs550's. But it's mostly the 85.

Last edited by EricT; 06-03-2009, 12:33 PM. Reason: found more pics

BUT THIS!!!!! http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=194272

Comment

2 words..Royal Enfield.

Comment

Originally posted by EricT View Post
        This is my cafe/street fighter inspired project. It's got parts from 78/81/85 suzuki gs550's. But it's mostly the 85.

for some reason the Ducati monster pops in my head when i see these pics.
        I like it.
        Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
        LSx e36TI coming soon
        Originally posted by s0urce
        Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

Hey....thanks!

Comment

haha im actually looking to pick one up this coming week. i'll post pictures of my new project.

Comment

Completely in love with these bikes and have been thinking about building one for a couple years odd r3v reads my mind yO :ohsnap:

Comment

That is a cool suzuki

Comment

Originally posted by learningcurve86 View Post
                  $835 for the seat and tank i would want :( -i think i should learn how to fabricate.

yeah, buyin shit like that kinda defeats the purpose of these style bikes. Kinda like how choppers got out of hand with billet bullshit.

Building one of these means leanin how to make stuff and picking up bits from swap meets. theres no reason you should spend more than $1500-2000 to make a neat lil scoot.

that Suzy is a perfect example.

Comment

Thats an awesome bike!

there's a guy in boston selling a bike that he started to take apart to do a Cafe Racer but doesn't have the time... I would love to pick it up and learn as I go. Once I pay for summer school... I'm going to get one of those.
                    Greg

Comment

Originally posted by threlevenguy View Post
                      Neat bike, but combine the fact that it's built in India, with the 24ish HP thumper, and you've got a wonderfully cheap bike that is nearly guaranteed to get you run over. :D I still love them though..

On the subject of cafe racers.. I just recently sold this;

To build this;

Comment

Working on mine right now actually.. 1975 Honda 200T (just for around town). Going to be chopping, moving quite a few things.

Comment

Nice 200.

I've been always liked cafe's. Might pick up the next CB I see.

A 175, not mine but the simple style that I like:

http://dotheton.com/ is the place to go for cafe's as stated on page 1.
                          Last edited by DEV0 E30; 06-04-2009, 08:59 AM.
                          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Last week I just picked up a 78' CB400, that has already been transformed partially into a cafe racer. Got it for $500 barely able to run.

Come to find out that one of the jets in the carbs was out of its seat, and that one of the exhaust valved is completley F'd due to a rocker arm spring missing. Now I get to completly dismantle the engine before I ever even get to ride the bike.

Ill get some pics in a little bit.

"I go slow, cause;Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast."

Comment

/thread..... ;)

Seriously, check out this guy's site, look at the menu on the left side of the main page and click on "cafe racers 1,2". Might need some tissues if you spend much time looking at those pics...........

indian, INDIAN, indian.no, motorsykkler, Indy, Indian Pot, R90S, bmw, BMW, restoration project, motorcycle, r90S Restoration Project, Silent Hektik, Motoren Israel, Theo Terwel, MotoBins, MotorWorks, Siebenrock, Digital, Andre, BMW Posters, Over 500 motorcycle pictures, Silversmoke, Flamencopeko, Duanes site, duane ausherman, bmw photographs, pistons, camshaft, timing chain, bead blasting, daytona orange, boikott telenor, auduns, norwegian, /5, /6, /7, /2, superbike, cockpit, instruments, download, cat, cats, luftmeister, knosher, scherb, Metzler, Dunlop, avon, bridgestone, stainless steel spokes, rims, primer, glasurit, sikkens, robello, clearcoat, digital ignition, tenning system, dekk, restaurering, lakkering, stempler, Mahle, Kolbenschmidt, ragdoll, katter, ikon dempere, koni, boxer motor, bmw bilder, lyd demper, horn, oilways, olje kanal, blyfri, blyfri bmw, leadfree conversion, luftmeister, wettering, r90s meet, bmw klubben, bmw club, seat, pushrod tubes, Hawker Odessy battery, Tammy NYP video, Fredrikstad, BMW Pictures

Comment

I made the clip-on handlebars, the seat I made by laying fiberglass over a mold I widdled out of wood to make the shape. I bobbed 6-7 inches off the tail end of the frame. Sunk the gauge cluster down in front of the triple tree 2 or 3 inches and refitted it with a round headlight off an 81 instead of the square headlight it was equipped with from the factory. Then I took some lexan and baked it in the oven to bend it and created the flyscreen that hides the clocks. I didn't do the traditional tail section since the Mrs. likes to go for a rip every now and again so I had to leave a spot for her to sit. The tail lights are marker lamps off the cab of a peterbuilt I scavenged and cut apart to fit different sockets for the dual element 1157 bulbs. That way they function as tail and brake lights. The turn signals all came from ebay. I didn't pay a dime for this bike except parts to get her runnin again and some paint and what not. The bike itself was found by a friend of mine who was told to haul it off for scrap. He in turn traded it to me for its weight in scrap metal. It was in very poor condition and I wound up replacing the rusty neck section with the neck from a 78. In the future I'd like to get some pod filters and a jet kit. But for now it suits me.

Comment

Working...
                                X