This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    decay, you might want to see this before you venture out...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/n-dak...191301116.html
    i have supplied us at the squad level- everything fits in the trunk and we'll be operating a mobile coffee point. i would not go into this expecting someone else to take care of supply/logistics- that sounds like a way to fail fast.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

I didnt doubt your readyness, just wanted to give you a warning. It would be funny if someone had a pizza delivered or something
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

brigade-level command stopped taking volunteers- there are too many. i got in, though. :)

buddy came and picked up my PPE tonight, he's gotta get the shields painted by some local artists here in oakland, because well, they say "POLICE" right now :P due to a disagreement of ideas within the family- i'll be the guy with the one that says "HI MOM".

i can't leave work because i've been doing both my job and my manager's for 2.5 weeks, and i'm not done yet- so my flight is on saturday. my buddy is leaving by car tomorrow.

the brigade-level op order (which my squad-level order was in perfect alignment with- gold star for me) says the sioux will house/feed/water us, but i've got redundancy there if we need it, in the form of a car to sleep in, jerry-cans for backup fuel and MREs. and a couple bonuses for the troops.

they say they have housing and transport handled- we'll see. (not that i don't have faith in my fellow veterans; but the reality of operations is you hope for the best and plan for the worst.)

news today is they are starting to block deliveries; which i think is probably related to command-level efforts.
        past:
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:

Comment

I do not understand why anyone would want to block this pipeline. There are 2.5 million miles of pipelines already in this country. Just a giant waste of time and effort.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

If you've been routinely screwed over by this gov't and suddenly theres a pipeline being built in your backyard, you might be pissed too...
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

If you've been routinely screwed over by this gov't and suddenly theres a pipeline being built in your backyard, you might be pissed too...
              Meh, I am tired of that sorry ass excuse. Yeah, we did horrible stuff to your people several generations ago. Sorry about that. Now get over it.

If everyone tried to profit off all the horrible things that happened to their ancestors, no one would get anything done.

EDIT: This was a good read. http://www.9news.com/news/local-sher...ence/356294618
              Last edited by marshallnoise; 11-30-2016, 12:03 PM.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Oh no there is WAY WAY WAY more than that. There is just 2.2ish million of high pressure INTERSTATE transmission line (oil, gas, refined products) thats under the umbrella of FERC and the feds oversight, so of which were laid in the 20's and 30's and still delivering product every day, I know I have been on rehab/integrity jobs on shit that old. That 2.2m miles is not including intrastate transmission, gathering lines, and low and medium pressure distribution line...

On the average everyone in the country lives with in 6 miles or so of one of those high pressure interstate transmission lines

Like stated before they had plenty of time, to weigh in on it during the planing/engineering phases, and the public comment, and local meetings, newspaper notices etc... They didnt know it was coming, because they were not paying attention until the big yellow machines, army of hands were on top of them, this is their own fault and not that of the Army Corp, Energy transfer, or any one else they could possibly point the finger at other than at the mirror. That and there are plenty of pipelines running thought there as it is now. This mostly about hindering getting "fracked" oil to market because fracking is bad...................
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 11-30-2016, 12:06 PM.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  Oh no there is WAY WAY WAY more than that. There is just 2.2ish million of high pressure INTERSTATE transmission line (oil, gas, refined products) thats under the umbrella of FERC and the feds oversight, so of which were laid in the 20's and 30's and still delivering product every day, I know I have been on rehab/integrity jobs on shit that old. That 2.2m miles is not including intrastate transmission, gathering lines, and low and medium pressure distribution line...

On the average everyone in the country lives with in 6 miles or so of one of those high pressure interstate transmission lines

Like stated before they had plenty of time, to weigh in on it during the planing/engineering phases, and the public comment, and local meetings, newspaper notices etc... They didnt know it was coming, because they were not paying attention until the big yellow machines, army of hands were on top of them, this is their own fault and not that of the Army Corp, Energy transfer, or any one else they could possibly point the finger at other than at the mirror. That and there are plenty of pipelines running thought there as it is now. This mostly about hindering getting "fracked" oil to market because fracking is bad...................
                  I meant just crude oil in that figure. Either way, this thing just reeks of political posturing and nothing less. I won't even say how I feel about Native Americans and how we screwed up handling them. It would piss off a LOT of people.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                    I meant just crude oil in that figure. Either way, this thing just reeks of political posturing and nothing less. I won't even say how I feel about Native Americans and how we screwed up handling them. It would piss off a LOT of people.
                    I promise not to respond to it. Im just curious
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

I promise not to respond to it. Im just curious
                      Nahh, not going there.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I cant speak for anyone else, but I wont! haha come onnnn . PM me at least.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

I cant speak for anyone else, but I wont! haha come onnnn . PM me at least.
                          Nooooooo freaking way. Haha!

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Meh, I am tired of that sorry ass excuse. Yeah, we did horrible stuff to your people several generations ago. Sorry about that. Now get over it.

If everyone tried to profit off all the horrible things that happened to their ancestors, no one would get anything done.

EDIT: This was a good read. http://www.9news.com/news/local-sher...ence/356294618
                            uh, no- the "horrible stuff" has been *continuous* over the 150+ years since the Laramie treaty was signed. this is just the latest iteration.
                            Last edited by decay; 11-30-2016, 08:24 PM.
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                              uh, no- the "horrible stuff" has been *continuous* over the 150+ years since the Laramie treaty was signed. this is just the latest iteration.
                              Yea they just keep screwing them over and over and will continue to do that until they are all dead and gone. A sad thing I hope never happens.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

oh yeah, let's hear what a sheriff has to say on the matter, since the local LEO commander just got *forced to step down* over the illegal shit he's been doing...

anyone who trusts cops doesn't have much experience with them.
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X