Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

14 years - 1991 325ix, Stroker/5-Speed (N52 swap?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! I will definitely be following this thread. Can't wait to finish reading through it all! I enjoy seeing what you have to say with all your years of experience and it is always nice to learn more about the cars that are owned by people who are serious about performance.

Comment

Dat M20...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

ever dyno this beast? or plan to?
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Lovin' it.
          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
            Dat M20...
            it could be improved on? :p

Originally posted by Northern View Post
            ever dyno this beast? or plan to?
            yes, several times. I don't have a good stock baseline though, I didn't have it dynoed when it was stock. the AWD losses hurt pretty bad. I've seen one stock ix dyno, it was about 120-125whp. It doesn't really matter, I decided to get the power level I want, will require something totally different anyway.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'd say this is pretty much one of the best examples on this forum when it comes to treating your e30 right. It's definitely inspiring to see all the hard work and all the fun you have on the track. The early posts gets me all nostalgic when I think back to the very beginning of my e30 obsession at about the same time around 2002. I've always respected your presence on the forum. Thanks for sharing and heres to another 10 years!
              My Feedback

Comment

nice post.
                cool to follow.

-
                Project
                Parts for Sale
                Feedback
                YouTube Channel

Comment

Echo E30 Wagen. Nicely said.

Nando,
                  I've always been in awe of your tenacity and skills following your threads and albums on the e30 registry, so this was great to have a "best of" thread / post timeline of the decade. I can't wait until I've had mine eight more years!

I, and certainly others, are in your gratitude for the knowledge you have shared on this forum. Thanks for the great post/
                  "just love those little tanky inline 6's"

Comment

Nice timeline

Comment

thanks guys. I do try to remember two things:
                      1) It's just a car. It has a lot of meaning (because of how much work I've put into it), but it's still just a hunk of metal.
                      2) I'm mortal like everyone else. also, I've definitely done things that weren't "right" the first time. but I ended up having to redo those things. Sometimes more than once :(

I'll post the rest of 2011 and the start of 2012 maybe tomorrow.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Very nice nando.
                        I stumbled into this thread when you were first adding stuff and I couldn't wait to see everything you've done. I know you had a lot of experience with e30s and iX specific stuff, I didn't realize the extent of the work you have done. I really like your car and the tasteful stuff you have done to it!

How did you like the megasquirt tunability? What about the camshaft sprocket? How did you do your instument cluster also?

Ok enough questions, I have to wipe the drool off of my keyboard now!
                        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Wow. Time flies. Car still looks amazing, Chris.

Thanks for reminding me of that pallet lol. Jesus FC, that was such a pain in the ass and not worth it. I think James was the only one that really came out well on that deal. He probably overpaid, but at least his parts were OK. We were all a bunch of 20-22yo kids giddy at the prospect of getting some real euro parts. I now know, as you pointed out and the European members can affirm, that it just means old rusty junk. We thought we were saving money by shipping it bulk on pallets on a ship. It took like two months, and we got screwed by having to pay a customs broker to process the paperwork on our $150 pallet of parts (the "invoice" was laughable at best. I had all of the wheels listed at like $5/ea). Then there was some other storage/processing fee in some seaport in LA. I was a college junior having to google what the hell a "bill of lading" was. Ugh, what a fucking nightmare. I drove all the way up from Eugene and had to pick the pallet up in a shipyard. They couldn't forklift it into my truck, so my friend and I took the shrink wrap off in the parking lot, threw the parts in the bed, and left the pallets in their lot. I had no tie downs so we literally took duct tape and just taped the pile down across the bed.
                          NEVER. AGAIN.
                          Originally posted by Gruelius
                          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I had a good time reading this post. great job and keep it up.

Comment

Awesome thread! You truly are an innovator in the ix world. Its no wonder why people recommend you for ix problems. Cant wait to see more!

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

Oh my god.. you are the man! Just read the whole thing.. I am very jealous!

Comment

Working...
                                X