DOOMS turbo m42 problems thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
    Due to the location of the bleeder on the slave cylinder, it can be very hard to get all the air out. Instead, buy a cheapy pump oil can, fill it with brake fluid and pump it through the bleeder back into the master. Pump until no more air bubbles come out of the master. This will eliminate all the air. Be sure you don't run out of fluid in the oil can or you will have to start all over.
    Pretty good idea, I like that.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Yeah, didnt work too well for me. I ended up pulling the slave off and hanging it straight down. Loosened the bleeder screw and boom. A few seconds later it was a steady stream. Pedal had pressure and is holding well.

Comment

So right now my charcoal canister is just hanging out. If i were to hook that vacuum line back up to my intake would that help my vapor lock?

Comment

I can't say anything conclusively, but I don't run a charcoal canister on my setup and I've never had an issue. The line is just capped off, though that isn't really a great way to do it because the fuel tank can build pressure or vacuum. I haven't found a good way around that, though.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Hmm.. I ordered some heat wrap for the fuel lines to see if that has any effect. It couldnt hurt to hook that vacuum line back up to the canister so i might give that a shot.

Comment

So i didnt put on the rubber insillation that goes around th efuel pump. Issue? ran into a gnar ass oil leak from a fitting that failed but ill be putting that rubber on and seeing what that does. How about the wooden clothes pin on the fuel line trick?

Comment

So. I was driving around for a good four hours last night, shut the car off, try to start, tells me no, checked my fuel pressure, read good.. Ran the fan for about 20 minutes and still no start. tried popping the clutch got it to start after a few tries but it died shortly after. about a minute later its started right up using the ignition. The fuck is it?

Comment

man - i wish things were going smoother for you.. damn.

note to self: turbos on m42 engines invite a world of possible problem-gremlins..
                  -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Runs great other than the hot start issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r0flMUIy_E&feature=plcp

Comment

Working...
                    X