My Lapisblau eta - m62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...only a Mopar guy could love it...
    Guess where my screen name derives from?
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
      Guess where my screen name derives from?
      hahah...I'll be honest, until you said something I never noticed. Lol!

And the light was burned out in the OBC (of course)...went to Advance and picked up a pack of 12v LEDs in red....soldered two of them in there....works great!

$6 fix...haha

Comment

Some pictures I took today. My point and shoot sucks horribly at capturing color but takes decent quality pics in black and white, so...please don't mind the step back into the 60s here. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by strang3majik View Post

And thanks JasonC! Let me know what you find! And yes, fun little motors that just won't die...haha.
          I still haven't got a chance to look lol. And sadly the guy did kill mine. I had it set at 17psi. But i'm not to for sure what the guy did exactly, cause he melted some of the Venolia pistons i had in it!!! :eeek: But last i heard, he sold it and another guy got ahold of the car and dump some large amount of cash into it and its back to it's glorious self 8)

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Haha...well thats good. What did you have? I don't really recall...

and the HP 2.2 that was in my Omni sat for 15 years and I got it running. Made an adapter for a Holley 330cfm 2bbl, put a fresh 782 head on it to bump compression up a tad more, and put a 35k mile 2.5L roller cam, and a hooker long tube header, along with the thinnest head gasket I could get.

For whatever reason, that setup rolled. Though when I did do a compression test every cylinder was +/- 2 psi in the neighborhood of 260psi. Probably had something to do with it...haha. But there was honestly no logic to the build...just parts I gathered for cheap (head and cam were out of the junkyard)

But, accidentally overheated that engine twice (gauge didn't read correctly) and went from 2nd gear at 7k rpms to first gear at full throttle 8/

It stalled out (ran out of fuel I suppose)...I thought I blew it up. Hit the key, started right back up no problem. Haha.

Pulled the engine to do a clutch swap and pulled the pan while it was out to check the bearings, it was starting to show signs of play, so I ordered a set, and in the meantime my stepdad set the block outside in the rain and I didn't know it. Went back a month later and found it outside. Needs bored, the cam is shot. :/

So I found the GLHS engine swap. I'm keeping the original HP motor, but I'm gonna drop a turbo motor in it for now.

Comment

I had a 86 Daytona Turbo Z C/S then a 86 Shelby Charger both had the same engine.

89 TII
              .030 over venola pistons
              2 peice intake
              58mm tb
              p&p head and intake
              ported exhaust manifold
              mopar perf. valve springs
              Stage.3 roller cam from FWD Perfomance
              +40 inj
              TU fuel rail,AFPR,
              Nitrous Oxide Systems high pressure fuel pump, 3/8 fuel lines,
              21x9x3 FMIC,
              turbo xs rfl bov,
              turbonetnics t3/t4 hybrid turbo stg 2 wheel 50 trim iirc,
              fwd perf. stg.3 glh logic
              stainless braided turbo oil&coolent lines
              Greedy electronic boost controler
              525 trans with gritle,hd pp/ceramic 4 puck clutch kitfrom FWD Perf

And it looks like your e30 is coming along nicely 8)

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

^^Just realized you responded. Sounds like it ran ok...lol I've actually just started toying around with the GLH again tonight. Did a little more body work. Getting there...soon hopefully. Haha. And the 525 hold up okay? I have a 555 I want to swap into mine.

And I had a Shelby Charger. Turbo...never got to drive it since the harness and a bunch was missing under the hood. Moved from FL to PA and had to sell it...guy who bought it told me he was going to fix it up til I signed the title over to him. Then he told me his real plans were to cut it up and use all the parts to restore his Rampage :(

Rust free Florida 85 turbo Shelby Charger with a perfect interior. Only needed paint (was flat blue from sun fade) and somebody to swap a harness and a few other pieces in. I was about ready to rip the title from his hands, but what could I do :/

Anyhow...no real progress on the car. Did do a cool interior mod today, though. Will post pics up tomorrow :D

Comment

How you get ur plate to mount like that?

Comment

Love the GLH. love it love it love it. I've always wanted one of those.
                    1992 318ic

Comment

Originally posted by e30edm View Post
                      How you get ur plate to mount like that?
                      3M is your friend here. Lol. Guy before me cut out the molding, so I have it two sided taped to the bumper. Its not going anywhere...haha.

Originally posted by caffeinatedsoap View Post
                      Love the GLH. love it love it love it. I've always wanted one of those.
                      Thanks! I love it. Definitely the ugly duckling and the car everyone hardly remembers, but when they do, its always something positive. Lol.

Always something like, "My buddy used to have one of those, and man was that thing fast." Stuff along those lines :p

Cheap speed as they call them. Not many cars you can get running 11s for under $5k.

Here's a video I found thats pretty cool if anyone wants to learn a little. The engine going in mine is out of a GLHS Omni (1 of 500 Omnis)

Kazzer introduces the long overlooked low budget performance sports cars from Caroll Shelbys Chrysler turbo days, the 1986 Shelby GLHS (sedan) and the 1987 S...

Comment

Bumping my own thread from the dead because I thought I'd update the interesting story...sorry for the long read...if anyone reads :D

I actually sold this car in 2013 before I moved back to Florida...and I missed it since that day. I drove this car to Florida and back once and put countless fun miles on it in PA/MD and had a ton of fun ripping around with friends in it, plus it was my first e30...so the feelings were strong with this one.

So...I moved to Florida and after a bit, picked up an 84 318i that I m52b28 swapped and then later m62b44 swapped...well...the rust finally started to overtake that one (originally from Michigan)...so I began searching for another shell...

I searched up and down the coast because I had strict requirements...I wanted another Lapisblau or a Calypsorot car. Fast forward to Aug of 2016...I see a car for sale in Richmond, VA...gold Rota RBs, black hood, German flag on the fender, homemade cupholder console that I and a buddy made...thats my old ETA! Got in touch with the owner who was willing to hold it for me til the weekend when I and two friends made the drive up from FL.

Sure enough, there she was! A bit rougher than when I had it, but still no rust! It had been through 4 people since I owned it, but, it was still exactly as it was parts wise, minus the ebay seats (thankfully) and the foglights. The a/c belt had been pulled off of it, so, before making the trip I stopped by an autozone and bought a belt and a can of freon and sure as shit, ICE cold A/C! No idea why someone pulled the belt...but that made the Aug drive to FL much more bearable.

Anyhow...made the trip all the way back to FL with ETA power and parked it to await further activities.

Finally, just this past month I decided to start swapping everything from my rusty shell to this one...everything I'm swapping consists of...

Drivetrain:
                        Refreshed M62b44/6 speed (less than 30k miles since all gaskets, chains, guides, etc were replaced for my other car)
                        2.25" dual exhaust with x-pipe and a magnaflow
                        SSSquid OBD1 M62 chip (engine made 286whp with this setup)
                        2.79LSD

Suspension:
                        Ground Control Sleeves/Eibach Springs
                        Bilstein Sport Struts
                        New Poly subframe, trailing arm, differential, and offset control arm bushings
                        new LCAs and tie rods
                        95 e36 m3 steering rack
                        Racing Dynamics front sway bar
                        Garagistic front strut bar

Brakes/Wheels:
                        Nasieg 5 lug conversion which consists of...
                        E46 M3 front brakes with e46 m3 hubs on stock e30 struts/knuckles
                        E39 530i rear brakes with e46 rotors and e30 m3 hubs
                        E38 Style 5s for now...have a set of BBS RK waiting for powdercoat then install.

Body:
                        Euro Bumpers and front valance
                        Will be installing late model rear valance before paint
                        Modded euro taillights (made rear fogs into extra pair of brake lights)
                        rear Heckblende

Interior:
                        nice tan sport seats (from my other car)
                        rear headrests
                        Euro clock (to replace the 13button obc I installed years ago that someone broke the screen on)
                        RHD radio panel
                        crack-free dash
                        lighted mirror
                        Grey carpet
                        black door pulls
                        Euro cluster
                        German check panel
                        rubber Momo wheel (to replace the now gross suede one)
                        Wilwood brake/clutch pedals (masters moved inboard for clearance)

That's all I can think of at the moment.

It has been a ton of work and is still underway...especially since I'm installing all the stuff from this car back into the other car. Not sure what will become of that one yet...might get an ugly rust repair (floor and firewall are gone)...and tracked. Not sure yet...owned it for 4 years and done two swaps...drove it on the Dragon, etc...I get attached to things, so idk...lol

Also...this car will have A/C with the v8...a pain in the ass process so far, but it is necessary.

But anyway...if you read all that, you're a trooper and I thank you. Recent pictures are to follow!

Comment

Nice story!!
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

After a long time apart...good to have it again.

After the long drive at my buddy's house.

ETA Powah!

ETA Powah no more.

Eww

Thats better

Subframe and trailing arm removal

Poly

Dash and pedals

AC Notch (was not big enough...had to lengthen further back)

Much better. That run on the left is factory...I left it for the lolz.

5 lug swapped over

New Dash

Engine in the 318 about to come out

mmm

Powdercoated valve covers installed

Where I fits I sits

Where I'm at now...should be running this weekend!

Comment

And if anyone wishes to see more pictors

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like strang3majik.

Comment

One hell of a story, amazing you got your hands on it again.

Excited to see, and more importantly... hear, it running ;). We better get a sound clip!

Comment

Working...
                                X