325i feels like its missing when accelerating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325i feels like its missing when accelerating

Started up the 89 325i coupe, 5 speed. I pulled out of the drive way and gave the gas a nice punch with my foot. It felt like it was miss firing a good amount while trying to accelerate.
    It smooths out once the gas is let up on a bit but once I try to accelerate past like 40% throttle (just a guess) it starts missing.
    Its always had a very slight miss, which i though was b/c of a couple lines were blocked off. I checked and everything seems ok.
    Now it just started missing to where it feels like its hurting the performance and needs attention.
    Any ideas?

Was going to start by pulling the plugs and wires, I don't think the coil pack would need checking. Check the intake boot (which seems secure). Not sure what else, could any brake sensors cause this issue?

I would suspect either bad AFM or CPS.

This is, of course, assuming your maintenance is all done and your fuel and ignition system components are in good condition.
    Owner - Bavarian Restoration
    BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
    www.BavRest.com
    My Feedback Thread
    Our Facebook!
    Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
      I would suspect either bad AFM or CPS.

This is, of course, assuming your maintenance is all done and your fuel and ignition system components are in good condition.
      Yeah, I may need to clean the throttle body and make sure the AFM is adjusted properly.
      I need to check out whats going on in the engine area, someone did a interesting job at swapping a different intake manifold which has some rigged parts.

Comment

Originally posted by R1ckM View Post
        Yeah, I may need to clean the throttle body and make sure the AFM is adjusted properly.
        I need to check out whats going on in the engine area, someone did a interesting job at swapping a different intake manifold which has some rigged parts.
        In that case I would suspect you have vacuum leaks. Get a smoke test done.

Comment

Working...
        X