Driver Door Lock Repair - 4dr 325ix - HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver Door Lock Repair - 4dr 325ix - HELP

My driver side door lock has been worn out for a while. I have 1990 325ix. 4 door.

So I ordered a rebuild kit from pelican parts and was able to successfully remove the door card off easily. Plastic membrane came off easily as well.

Unlike what I found from DIY online instructions, THERE WAS NO LARGE HOLE in the door to put my hand and remove C-clamp and actual lock and so on...

Only large hole I can found was located at the bottom right where I can see the automatic window mechanism. (picture attached) Obviously I couldn't reach c-clamp with ease. I expected there will be a large hole at the door

Any recommendations to approach this problem?

Thanks a ton!

Sorry the picture didn't go through.

I was expecting more of

but instead my door looked like this

:(
    Last edited by Ramadeus; 07-04-2014, 11:51 PM. Reason: Pictures

Comment

One time I had to put a new fuel pump in my 87 suburban, I was too lazy to drop the tank, so I just cut a hole right above the fuel tank and fixed it through that.

So, in other words, you need a four inch can of Nitramon, some Nitramon primer, detonator cord, two triple charger chemical grenades and a launcher.

Comment

I had to use an assortment or long screw drivers to get to the latch mechanism on my 88 but it was reachable, but it's not a fun time, and now I'll likely have to do it again as the pb blaster remedy seems to have finally run out
        Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
        Bimmerbuddies LLC
        717-388-1256
        2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
        bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

I need to do this too. I think you have to remove the regulator to get enough room, and prop up the window somehow.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
          X