Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SloE30 View Post
    Man I'm glad you posted all of this. I'm in the process of putting together a '91 vert turbo. I went haltech elite 750, ls truck coils. I'm trying to get a base map and drive the car a bit na before the turbo goes in. I will be coming back to this thread to get some ideas when i get it going. Nice build!
    Nice! And good choise with the haltech, nothing but pleased with mine. I probably called there customer service 10 times when i was building the harness and base map and they always had a anweser at hand.

Let me know if you have any questions id be glad to help where i can,

Best of luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Thanks man I know some questions will come up when i get into the setup. Looking at yours makes me wish i had gone with more inputs and outputs. The 750 will cover essentials really.

Comment

Originally posted by SloE30 View Post
        Thanks man I know some questions will come up when i get into the setup. Looking at yours makes me wish i had gone with more inputs and outputs. The 750 will cover essentials really.
        The 750's are great bang for your buck i only went with the 2500 because i change my mind every other week and i didnt want the ecu to limit me. It is nice to have oil temp and pressure inputs to the ecu incase anything gets out of hand the computer steps in right away and can save the motor like if oil pressure dropped during a pull. Only downside to the 750 theres no onboard knock control.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Was playing around street tuning the other day, got it to 14psi and this new turbo really started coming alive, and to no surprise shortly after the clutch started slipping. It just never end.... all I can image is that since the rear seal leaks a little it must be getting oil vapors in the clutch because there's no reason it should be slipping with UUC'S highest rated clutch. If it's coming back apart I fully entant on it going back together with a different differential under it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Been researching and i believe a e36 twin disk will fit with the correct starter so hopefully i can get thay ordered soonish. Which means time to get those diffs done! Using a e36 auto m3 diff as a donor for 3.38s in the rear. Also picked up a second diff so i dont have to pull mine to work on it. Once i get the rear finished ill get back to working on the front. Also found i didnt have a socket that was thin enough for removing the pinion, so the lathe came in handy. Probably shouldn't try that at home haha

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Got the case sand blasted and in primer, just got to pick a color

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

While im waiting for the parts for the diff i figured id take care of a little project ive been putting off. I finally set up a speed input to the haltech.
                I started by trying to tap into the digital signal of the cruise control bit didnt work so then i tried to tie into to vr signal between the diff and the cluster. Before i even activated in the ecu my dash speedo quit working. So somehow it didnt like being tied in with the ecu and so not sure what could have happened but it still doesnt work. Either way i finially decided to tie into the old abs wires from one of the wheels and that worked perfect!
                Now i can finially have actaul launch control, flat shifting and boost by gear 😊

Of course i had to test it, probably should have got a video i didnt even think off it but anyway its launching at 7psi with only fuel cut and even blows the tires off in first which is way to much fun haha.

Last edited by nomansland92; 08-04-2017, 06:28 AM.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

bye bye front diff lol

Comment

Originally posted by 2002tiiguy View Post
                    bye bye front diff lol
                    There was a flash light drag event at some airport south of pittsburgh last week, i was so tempted to take the car down and see how it would do but i didnt feel like trailering it home lol

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Either way i finially decided to tie into the old abs wires from one of the wheels and that worked perfect!
                      Thanks for sharing the info. Looks like I found my project for the day!

Comment

Was playing around last weekend setting some things up like the gear detection and flat shifting. So i figured I'd do a little rip on low boost for fun. This was around 10 psi so probably 300ish hp and launch control was set at 5500 making about 5psi. The flat shifting isnt dialed in yet so i just shifting easily.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Orgasmic
                          325IX Build Thread
                          RX7 Build Thread

Comment

The stock front diff is refusing to give in. Went to a local flash light drag event a few weeks ago. I got in 5 passes, all launching at 5500rpm and but only running about 10-12 psi because thats all the clutch is willing to hold through 3rd haha

These were the only pictures i could find and no vids because i forgot my gopro lol.

Only lost once because my shifter knob popped of when i went for 2nd haha, i was against a modified 335xi, beat it the 2nd time around though lol

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

haha, put those 335i's in their place! 99% of those guys think they're the fastest cars ever and everything else is slow and stupid.

I forget because it's been so long, but those 3.38's are the ones I sold you right?
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                                haha, put those 335i's in their place! 99% of those guys think they're the fastest cars ever and everything else is slow and stupid.

I forget because it's been so long, but those 3.38's are the ones I sold you right?
                                Yep there sitting on the fab table in the garage right now, hoping to get them in this winter [emoji1]

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Working...
                                X