No announcement yet.

Arc Asylum subframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the delay. Setting up a new shop. 95% of my life is stuck in semi trailers.

Finally got an order of plasma parts for the subframe ends.

Top and bottom is capped in 10 ga steel. Welded on the perimeter and around the top and bottom lca mount. The end caps are welded to the subframe, then the top and bottom caps are welded to that, root/cap ( I don't need any critiquing or re prep/grind. They're glued properly lol)

I understand the one subframe failed, but it's the only one iv come across. Take a look at your subframes. I'll replace any that are cracking. This fortification of the factory ends is what I'll be doing until I release a fully fabricated unit. It's too hard to find quality subframes and invest the time in the modifications. Fully fabricated units will be standard for this setup come Fall and I will replace any cracked subframes with them as needed. I'll work with anyone to make it right. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TinyT View Post
      Sorry for the delay. Setting up a new shop. 95% of my life is stuck in semi trailers.

Finally got an order of plasma parts for the subframe ends.

Top and bottom is capped in 10 ga steel. Welded on the perimeter and around the top and bottom lca mount. The end caps are welded to the subframe, then the top and bottom caps are welded to that, root/cap ( I don't need any critiquing or re prep/grind. They're glued properly lol)

I understand the one subframe failed, but it's the only one iv come across. Take a look at your subframes. I'll replace any that are cracking. This fortification of the factory ends is what I'll be doing until I release a fully fabricated unit. It's too hard to find quality subframes and invest the time in the modifications. Fully fabricated units will be standard for this setup come Fall and I will replace any cracked subframes with them as needed. I'll work with anyone to make it right. Thanks guys

Thanks for the update. So the fully fabricated ones we can order this fall?
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Correct. Hopefully sooner but looking at sometime in September. I'll keep you guys posted with design info

Comment

Correct. Hopefully sooner but looking at sometime in September. I'll keep you guys posted with design info

Perfect thanks!
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Seriously, thank you to the guys vouching for my communication.

Im trying. I work a full time job outside of my shop, have a lot of local work outside of BMW parts, and try and get these done as quickly as I can without putting out garbage. Iv looked into outsourcing the work, but shops don't want to get involved in this because they are modifications and things are sometimes specific to the customer. They don't wanna deal with it.

Im sorry that there was an issue with one of the original subframes. They improve with each one. I feel the setups that are going out the door now are extremely stout. Any subframe that has ever left here would have to fail in an a very extreme way to ever create an overly hazardous issue.

Im sorry to the person that feels theres an issue with me not being present here and then its weird when I pop up to handle an issue, lol. Ill spam the forum more :)

Tyler@thearcasylum.com

Comment

Seriously, thank you to the guys vouching for my communication.

Im trying. I work a full time job outside of my shop, have a lot of local work outside of BMW parts, and try and get these done as quickly as I can without putting out garbage. Iv looked into outsourcing the work, but shops don't want to get involved in this because they are modifications and things are sometimes specific to the customer. They don't wanna deal with it.

Im sorry that there was an issue with one of the original subframes. They improve with each one. I feel the setups that are going out the door now are extremely stout. Any subframe that has ever left here would have to fail in an a very extreme way to ever create an overly hazardous issue.

Im sorry to the person that feels theres an issue with me not being present here and then its weird when I pop up to handle an issue, lol. Ill spam the forum more :)

Tyler@thearcasylum.com
              LOL, I see these guys jumped on you, which is good. Going to have to hire a secretary its worth it when business picks up more.

Thanks for the PM, I pm'd back :).

Comment

I do agree, Tiny T's communication was excellent during my transaction, actually more than just the transaction was excellent. BTW still need to send my Z4 pan to see if you can modify it for my spare. I'll probably buy the next gen subframe as well from you.

You strengthened my subframe for the sway bars. I am probably going to modify the ends to bolt to the frame for more rigidity. I think I will try a rod that ties the end of the swaybar mounts straight up to the frame, probably weld a nut to the frame.
                Last edited by R3Z3N; 07-13-2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Awesome to see fully fabricated ones will be available in the future--will you be able to build ones that change the location/geometry of the steering rack to something a bit more ideal? I'd love to be able to remove some of the bump steer that comes from a lowered car that is using a z3 1.9 rack.

Comment

Yep that will be an option. I can do it with the modified ones as well, you would just need to do a frame mounted sway bar for clearance of the rack. Once I get my new shop setup and my mockup car on the lift I'll start assessing the options!

I'll be able to supply a weld on chassis sway bar mount as well. Really that's the best way to go. I can supply a 1/4" plate and drill guide so it can be welded right to the frame rails and be extremely rigid

Comment

I'll be able to supply a weld on chassis sway bar mount as well. Really that's the best way to go. I can supply a 1/4" plate and drill guide so it can be welded right to the frame rails and be extremely rigid
                      Same as I was just thinking, especially as the sway bar seems quite low:

Frame vs Subframe mount and clearances as seen below. I believe I want to frame mount with a 1/2" welded spacer to the frame, and tap it for the mounts. Want it somewhat triangular to move down more that forward so that I can retain full droop when working on the car and not hit the oil pan. Would remove the custom subframe swaybar mounts.

Comment

I have an IE 25mm sway and it's still higher than the rack/subframe... Are you sure that's an E30 swaybar? It really doesn't look like it is.

Also, another plug for Tyler's communication... Over 75 emails back and forth for my pan/subframe/pickup/xbrace and I've never had an issue.

Don't try to contact people through weird methods, and you shouldn't have a problem.
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                          I have an IE 25mm sway and it's still higher than the rack/subframe... Are you sure that's an E30 swaybar? It really doesn't look like it is.
                          Yes, its a Suspension Techniques 21mm bar. Curious, are you mounted on top of the ArcAsylum sway bar tab or below?

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                            Yes, its a Suspension Techniques 21mm bar. Curious, are you mounted on top of the ArcAsylum sway bar tab or below?
                            Is on the top even an option? Mine is mounted below.

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
                              Is on the top even an option? Mine is mounted below.
                              If the reinforcement plates are not there then yes it is an option. Earlier versions had just a flat bar for the sway bar mount.

Comment

Compare Jb325is to my options:

Comment

Working...
                                X