No announcement yet.

Chump car and AER regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're probably talking about our dear friend Fiddle, right? The dude who pretended he was a Massive retailer and sold to somebody a kit intended for him, then asked me to replace rotors because they were supposedly warped but wouldn't give me run-out measurements, pictures or any specific info I was asking for. He did complain a lot but never gave me actual facts or reading. It definitely felt like he was asking for free parts. Nothing else. But hey, the only scammer in 10 years. Not bad.

In regard of your claim of shipping of wrong handbrake drums, it gets very interesting. You may not be aware but I have a back-up of every single email i received and sent since I started the company 10 years ago. I have all your communications too. I have your order for handbrake drums. I have the tracking number. And that's it. Pretty sure that if you had received the wrong parts, I would have an email about that. Are you sure you are not into "fake news"? BTW I also have emails where you ask for rotors part numbers, which I take the time to give you, even though you'd be buying the parts from a Wilwood retailer. Not me. So, is that what you call bad customer support? Not talking about the other emails where you ask about a soft brake pedal, and to which I take the time to reply even though the kit was bought used... Read my reply below. Unedited. Damn is it bad support even you bought the brakes used. ;-)

"Hi Andrew
    Did you bleed the front and rear lines? They are in the same hydraulic system. Seeing that you fitted all new MC and lines, I suspect you still have air in the system. My trick when overhauling brakes like that is to use cheap fluid and bleed thoroughly. Then when the brake system is well bled (and you spent only a few bucks of cheap fluid) then bleed again with quality fluid. Are you using a pressure bleeder? If not, I suggest doing so. You may have air trapped in the MC, I suspect in the ABS pump too."

BTW That last paragraph of yours definitely reflects badly on you. How old are you? But hey, if you want to give outdated measurements, be my guess. Kits evolve all the time and I might be 4 versions ahead of you... ;-)

BTW The newer version of the front 300x32mm w/ floating discs costs $600.00usd (Massive install kit) + $80.00usd to $200.00usd in rotors and $320.00usd in calipers... You can get away with a $1000.00usd bill, not $1700.00usd, and that's cheaper than Ireland's kit which is w/ fixed rotors, not even floating. ;-)
    Last edited by Massive Lee; 03-08-2017, 07:03 PM.
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

If anyone here googles that particular interaction, you'll learn that all measurement's and info were actually supplied to Lee..
      and that claim about a "Massive Retailer" is total BS.

While we're at it, what's your price if I were to buy a Wilwood 11.75x 1.21" rotor with a 8 x7" bolt pattern? What about a radial mounted SL6 billet caliper? What is the true price of your hats and caliper adaptors if you were making industry standard markup on your Wilwood parts?

I'm not here to go head to head dude. Just want to point out to the readers that this wouldn't be your first public altercation where you belittle the customer's statement with "alternative facts".

Like I said before, Massive kits are top-notch quality. There is no kit on the market that offers the same product for anywhere near the same price point.
      Lee himself is just personally more concerned with 'being right' than being a professional businessman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        The car is important, but isn't the most critical item, prep it decently, cheat just a little bit, don't scrimp on maintenance and you'll be okay. What you really need are a few hotshoes, a solid game plan, and a reliable support team to back that up.
        ^ This.... more races are won and lost by pit strategy and efficiency. I've seen podium teams fumble in the pit and take a longer than 5 minute stop and loose 1st by a couple of seconds.

Our old car was slow....painfully slow... but we were routinely top 10 because it was the energizer bunny....damn thing just kept going. We'd pit, add fuel, check lugs, add oil and go. Our new car is equally reliable but we rarely make 2hrs on fuel and only if we short shift and baby it. (where's the fun in that?)
        The shorter times between stops mean we have one more pit stop than most teams during an average race. We've gone from 2nd to 13th in one pit stop only to fight back to 5th by the end of the race.
        Current: '91 DS M3, '03 TS M3 (6MT)
        '06 Chevy 2500 Duramax - Race car hauler, '90 Corvette - Weekend toy
        Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
        1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

IG: RDE_Fabrications
        Check us out
        Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Originally posted by berlow94 View Post
          If anyone here googles that particular interaction, you'll learn that all measurement's and info were actually supplied to Lee..
          and that claim about a "Massive Retailer" is total BS.

While we're at it, what's your price if I were to buy a Wilwood 11.75x 1.21" rotor with a 8 x7" bolt pattern? What about a radial mounted SL6 billet caliper? What is the true price of your hats and caliper adaptors if you were making industry standard markup on your Wilwood parts?

I'm not here to go head to head dude. Just want to point out to the readers that this wouldn't be your first public altercation where you belittle the customer's statement with "alternative facts".

Like I said before, Massive kits are top-notch quality. There is no kit on the market that offers the same product for anywhere near the same price point.
          Lee himself is just personally more concerned with 'being right' than being a professional businessman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I don't understand why you continue to shit on Lee -- like him or not, there aren't many people that are developing products for our old cars. You should be grateful that someone like Lee, who has a nice eye for design, is putting out products that work well and look good doing it.

If you're a bit creative and good with a search engine there is no doubt you can find the parts that go with the kit from big retailers. Shame the man for marking it up -- normal business practice.

Don't be upset, learn to live with reality.

\rant

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            It is if you want to play at the pointy end of the stick in Chump.

Considering several teams of brought full on SPEC E30 to the Chumpionships, you're going to need a bigger boat.
            I am a bit amazed by the cost of just running (let alone building) a mid-pack AER team... but speed = $. Being fast in LeMons is comparably cheap (until you break and a van does better) and I expect Chump is the middle ground.

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
            Damn... Makes you wonder why BMW stopped producing the e30 25 years ago if there was nothing to improve on ;-) Fools...
            Yeah... because marketing a new car to get sales by keeping up with the other guys on luxury & size means that the components of the older model aren't capable at the track... You don't provide any good logic or reasoning to support the crap that you spew.

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
            I suppose that at the Special Olympics everyone is a winner, right?
            Yes, that's great marketing for your company... don't just acknowledge that your products are not necessarily needed by all but instead make fun of your specific target market you are asking questions about in this thread...

Originally posted by squidrope View Post
            I like your products for higher HP heavier E30's, but I have raced in Lemons with stock brakes and they worked perfectly in 80-90 degree weather. Yes you produce a product better than the original. But for those of us running a lightened e30 with stock brakes in crap car racing don't "need" your product. Comments like the above only tarnish your companies reputation.
            It can get more tarnished?

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
            I don't understand why you continue to shit on Lee -- like him or not, there aren't many people that are developing products for our old cars. You should be grateful that someone like Lee, who has a nice eye for design, is putting out products that work well and look good doing it.
            So just because we have old cars (putting aside the fact that we have one of the most popular track / racecar platforms out there), we should kneel and praise him for simply supporting E30s (regardless of how he acts)?

Just imagine what it would be like if he put out good products AND wasn't a Massive Douche.

Comment

Working...
            X