Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire issues and Car not starting

Hello,

I recently replaced the wiring harness, Fuse box, and every burnt wire in under my dash board near the steering column.

Now The car wont start, but it cranks! Battery was fully charged yesterday, and new negative cable was installed.

I went to look at the diagram to see if there was something I misplaced, and I noticed that the bundle of green wires should be 7 total not 8.
    I put 8 together, and it was the diagram that showed me it is 7. I can not figure out where the other two go.

I also found a bundle of 3 blue wires.

Everything in my car turns on but the car it self.

I can hear the fuel humming sounds from the engine when the key is in position two.
    The main, fuel, and 02 relays are new. No other grounds seem to be ungrounded.

I am completely lost.

I have a 1987 bmw 325e.

Can any one advise where the 8th green wire should go to, and if any wire (one of the green ones) connects to the 3 blue ones.

The car was running prior to everything being replace. The car was running after the wire harness was replace.

I might be reading the diagram incorrectly. Connection c200 is where the single green runs to the other 7. Is it 7 or 8 depending on the engine type?

Last edited by BlauTX87; 07-06-2017, 06:49 PM.

UPDATE -

The fuel filter is humming loud. I'm going to replace it tomorrow.

As far as the Fuel pressure regulator and ICV they seem to be working. The FPR is sucking is fuel and it sounds fast. The ICV is buzzing like it should and like i've heard in the past when the car ran.

Comment

Working...
    X