Exhaust mid section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust mid section

Is this a resonator? Or Cat? Does this get replaced with a cat back exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please post your questions in the correct subforum. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloF10 View Post
      Is this a resonator? Or Cat? Does this get replaced with a cat back exhaust?
      It's a catalytic converter. RealOEM Link. A cat back system is the part of the exhaust starting from after the last cat going to the muffler. So no, a cat-back will not replace it.

That part you are showing there is actually just a heatshield over the cat itself. You can see some of the heat fibers sticking out. I had a similar issue on my car albeit not as severe. I simply removed the shield altogether. I would not recommend that, as it definitely serves a purpose. It's just too expensive to replace entirely for me at the moment.

before removal:

after removal:

now come to think of it, I have been having a funny smell, I'll have to check if it's coming from that area. I doubt it, but figured I would mention that here instead of pretending it's not happening. I have driven it for just under 2000 miles like this. I also didn't remove the stickers on my Bosal exhaust before putting that on (ugh, why do they always seem to plaster difficult to remove sticky stickers all over my parts :( ) so it could also be that. Although I'm positive that ish has burned off by now....
      Last edited by BaltimoreBimmer; 07-17-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Is the shield a part I can purchase separately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloF10 View Post
          Is the shield a part I can purchase separately?

It is not.

Comment

Working...
          X