No announcement yet.

The 'favorite beer' thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it pronounced Hee-fin-wiser or hay-fen-wiser or hephen-wisen or hepher-wiser?

Don't know what my fave is but Coronas I can drink anytime.
    sigpic

Comment

Thats all we drink
      We're out there in here.

Comment

hef - eeaaee- visen
        and yes, I have been drinking some Bud light tonight, and as much as it sux compared to german beer, it is still pretty good in its own w3atered down way.

Comment

hefa-vizen?

-it means "yeast-wheat", iirc. Good stuff, very refreshing.
          1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

St. Pauly's Girl
            Becks
            Dos Equis Lager

I do drink Heineken most of the time tho.

Comment

dos equis amber > lager
              Not that I care, of course.

Comment

Anyone else drink Steinlager from New Zealand? Really good stuff IMO, like a nice German pilsner but with a bit more fruity-yeasty flavor. Perfect on a hot day.

Comment

prohibition ale!!!
                  A boldly hopped ale that strikes a perfect balance between caramel maltiness and its aggressive hopping.
                  Prohibition Ale
                  6.1% alc. by vol.
                  sigpic
                  "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

and Newcastle!
                    sigpic
                    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                      Anyone else drink Steinlager from New Zealand? Really good stuff IMO, like a nice German pilsner but with a bit more fruity-yeasty flavor. Perfect on a hot day.
                      yeah it's good. I prefer Pilsner Urquell, but Steinlager is awesome because it's so cheap and good. I buy it fairly often.

Comment

Dos Equis Lager > all

although lately I've been enjoying a variety of Hefeweizens.
                        Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by eric (^__^) View Post
                          yeah it's good. I prefer Pilsner Urquell, but Steinlager is awesome because it's so cheap and good. I buy it fairly often.
                          Ya I love them both. Steinlager is a good deal in the big bottles, and sometmes you can find 4-packs of Urquell punders for cheap too. But it doesn't taste as good as the bottle variety.

Comment

I am not so much a fan of heffeweisens. I prefer the bolder flavors of Ales. I like hops! But I also love the malty goodness of stouts and porters.

I have a lot of favorites but most are local to eugene and cannot be found outside of a 50 mile radius of here. Ninkasi brewing is phenomenal.

Stuff you can get all over though....

The limited run of Full Sail nut brown ale is almost over. Grab it while you can.

Sierra Nevadas "ESB" that is now sadly out of season was wonderful.

Victory "Hop Devil" is an amazing dry hopped brew that wont tear your face off with over the top hoppiness.

ESB's, IPA,s, stouts, porters, Ambers.... I love em all. Lagers and pilsners aint my thing though.

Mactarnahans is my daily standby beer. The perfect wrenching on a car drink

Comment

yeah Hop Devil is pretty awesome

Comment

my favs...

sam adams cream stout
                                spaten optimator and regular
                                warsteiner premium
                                lienienkugels big butt
                                boulevard brewing lunar ale and wheat
                                duvel
                                hoegaarden