Introductions and my E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introductions and my E30

So for about a month now I have been lurking these forums basically window shopping. I've always loved E30's and thought it would be really fun to own one. Problem with that is I have zero use for one and could not justify it to the wife when I have a 75 and 74 2002 already.

So my brother calls me up and says he found someone who is selling an 84 318i for $150. It needs to be towed and has all these problems he just can't deal with anymore. I find out later that it just won't hold a charge. So I can't pass this up and head on over. Tow it home, find a battery in the garage and fire it right up. I was thinking about feeling bad for the guy until I do an oil change and remove the 1/2 a quart of oil residing in the oil pan. That just pissed me off so I proceed to drive it every day since I bought it about a week ago. Oh, it has no oil leak that I can find yet so this car went a very long time between changes to get that low.

The drivers seat was horrible though. I could not get into the vehicle without gashing my back on the open metal in the bolster and I could not take a corner fast without flying across the car. So in went some seats I had in the garage.

The paint leaves something to be desired but it will do for a while. Not getting crazy with this car, it will mostly be a daily driver to save some gas instead of driving my Trailblazer. The good thing is that my brother in law had a 85 325e that has a ton of parts I am either missing/broken on my car. I should mention his car was side swiped in a hit and run so it was parked for good.

I painted the front bumper with plasti-dip thinking it would look better so that will be coming back off. It came out terrible so I will leave it chrome for the time being. I did a slight tuck on the front and rear bumpers also. Future mods will be...

front valence from an "S" model
    H4 hella headlights that I already have
    rear "S" lip spoiler
    decent stereo system
    keyless/alarm
    new shocks
    springs to downsize the 4x4 look (took out the "slick" of a spare and it raised another damn inch).
    If I haven't flipped the car in a few months I will use my spare hood and fender to replace the dented ones.

The gap on this thing is rediculous.

Heres a pic of the 74 2002. Just needs slight bodywork and paint til its done. Was planning on doing it myself but I have recently discovered that I just don't want to. Job, side business, wife, and 9 month old baby had a lot to do with that discovery.
    sigpic
Working...
X