No announcement yet.

My latest real estate flip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's a looker. For all the grey haters, the white accents and the red door finish it off really well. I would definitely have and make passionate high quality production valued love making scenes in each and everyone one of those lovely rooms!

9/10 would read again!

How about the plumbing and the wiring?

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
      He wants the house to appeal to the larger market. Taste is subjective; safe is a good bet when it comes to the aesthetics of a house you want to sell quickly.
      That and it's a good base for the buyer to do what they want with it.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Looks great! Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
          He wants the house to appeal to the larger market. Taste is subjective; safe is a good bet when it comes to the aesthetics of a house you want to sell quickly.
          this pretty much hits the nail on the head. i like the grey just fine. i think its a really good contrast to the dark floors. i'm not really a fan of white cabinets but i'm not planning to live here. my wife does a lot of research on decor style. this is apparently what people want and what is "in" these days.

by the way, this house was built in 1955. it had apparently been renovated last in the 80's. an old lady lived there that went into a rest home. she had a small dog and 3 cats. they pissed all over everything. as to the original wood floors, we could not simply refinish them for 2 reasons. one was the piss smell. the second was that we moved around 4 or 5 walls. the footprint of the original floors didn't come close to matching anymore. it simply was not cost effective to redo them unfortunately.
          Last edited by flyboyx; 06-11-2016, 07:15 AM.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Phenomenal work man!
            89 325i Coupe Auto Delphin Metallic - Sold
            91 325i Sedan Auto Brilliantrot - Sold
            83 323i Euro Coupe Manual Lapisblue - Sold
            89 325i Coupe Manual Delphin - Sold
            89 325i Sedan Auto Brilliantrot
            87 325i Vert Manual Brilliantrot

Comment

Looks killer, Brian!
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Great work! Do you do the work yourself? I assume some things would still need sub contracted out obviously.
                91 318is M50 swapped
                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                  by the way, this house was built in 1955. it had apparently been renovated last in the 80's. an old lady lived there that went into a rest home. she had a small dog and 3 cats. they pissed all over everything. as to the original wood floors, we could not simply refinish them for 2 reasons. one was the piss smell. the second was that we moved around 4 or 5 walls. the footprint of the original floors didn't come close to matching anymore. it simply was not cost effective to redo them unfortunately.
                  Makes sense. My grandmother's cat pissed all over her floors as well. I had no idea the kind of damage cat pee does to wood floors. It made a relatively simple process into a nightmare. Finished product looks good though.

Comment

Wow great job, very inspirational. My wife and I are getting to a point where we are starting to look to flip a house. The real estate here in Naples is booming. However there are a lot of companies that specialize in flipping and they snatch up a lot of the good deals around town. We are looking at buying a property and building a home but I really don't want to have mortgage payments on a home for 7 months before it's ready to go to market.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
                      wow, that is a incredible job! This would be like a $800-950K home here in seattle!

I just bought my first house this month and look forward to pounding some nails!
                      e30 housewarming?
                      Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Working...
                      X