Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dove mine for the first time in a long time. felt great. hate keeping her cooped up in the garage, but she needed to stretch her legs. just in time for her to be parked & completely stripped while i try to sort out wiring bugs... uuuggghhh....
    Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
    Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
    1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
    1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
    2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

Originally posted by car_gal_jenni View Post
      dove mine for the first time in a long time. felt great. hate keeping her cooped up in the garage, but she needed to stretch her legs. just in time for her to be parked & completely stripped while i try to sort out wiring bugs... uuuggghhh....

Hoping you get her back on the road sooner or later! [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92 325i Calypsorot Convertible
      H&R Sport Springs+HD Billies+E90 Drop Hats

Comment

Originally posted by elDizzle View Post
        Hoping you get her back on the road sooner or later! [emoji1360]

Oh she's still on the road. Just need to sort out the wiring gremlins so that everything works as it should. It's a headache. Oh, and most the sap is all gone now too. Only have a little bit left. Can't wait to get her all shiny again!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
        Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
        Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
        1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
        1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
        2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

hi all, I've been lurking for a few months since I've bought my 1991 318is. never had the need to post except today was a great day for me and my car. I finished a almost complete rear restoration of the suspension and driveline...I know this don't seem like much to some but, the conditions I worked in and the ups and downs of the project I am a happy dude and I'm one more step closer to enjoying what this car is all about.

let's make a long story short. I drive 100+ miles a day for work and needed a better more fuel efficient car (other rides are 96 jeep Cherokee and a Harley Davidson Road King) I found this car on CL after weeks of searching for the types of cars I was looking for. (sorry no pics yet) the car looked great in the pics and in person, no so much, the body is about 80% interior 50%, torn seats cracked dash, stained carpets. the test drive was typical 25 yr old neglected maintenance. weird vibrations, bald tires, oh and a welded differential. I guess this clown thought that the littles 4 banging car with 205 tires would make for a good drift car? I should have just walked away but I didn't there was nothing I was really concerned about as I am a tech for the national guard and work on tactical vehicles mon-fri and one weekend a month, lol.

this was actually round two of major work on this car. the first round was fixing the red necked suspension and replacing the oil pan on the m42. yeah, this dude cut a set of HR springs in half to lower the car oh and the exhaust this guy had on the car! big box auto parts store with bubble gum welds! is it bad that when you take your car to a reputable shop you feel the need to disclose that is not your handy work?

back to what I got accomplished, all the bushings were replaced with akg poly bushings sub frame, rear control arms, except for sway bar, thinking about updating this with something else. new wheel bearings and parking brakes. the subframe got akg camber caster kit. all the components were sand blasted and painted. even polished a stainless exhaust I had built while waiting on funds and parts. a new to me LSD diff was installed. like I said don't seem like much. all the work was performed in my back yard in fairly sketchy conditions.

going to get some new tires and a fresh alignment in the next few days then ill move on to another aspect of my E30 recuse. the more I dig the more I find...

thanks for reading this

Comment

Replaced the big end bearings in S54.
            Bit of an overkill precaution, as the ones in the engine were only 1500km old, but am a bit gun shy about big ends letting go in M motors, so I wanted a little piece of mind on this swap after all the tuning has been bedded in etc etc.

Because of dry sump plumbing it's a major chore to pull the motor out the car, so I wanted to do this with the engine in the car. So had to make up a jig to hold the engine up as I dropped out the subframe. So I made up this wood jig out some F17 hardwood that I laminated and tenoned together with 40 Dominos and some russian birch ply. For something I made on the fly, I think this turned out pretty good. The fact it didnt drop the motor on my head was another bonus!

so with that out the way time to pull bits off etc..

before (already had ARP bolts and WPC treated shells from Lang Racing

tolerances on the new bearings were all in spec, though closer to tight than loose. Most were right on 0.040mm. Journal 6 had a slight taper from 0.040 to 0.045mm

So the good thing was this was largely a 'waste of time' as the shells were all fine. However havent ventilated a few S50B30s this was cheap piece of mind ;)

and all back together again

and then i ran out of TWS... 17l aint fun

also changed from WIX Racing (51222R) to FRAM Racing (HP6a) filters for the tank filter. No real science there, just wanted to try a new brand I guess. Thanks Summit
            88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

I worked on my Turbo build, I finally drilled into the oil pan now I just need clean the metal shaving out, I also think I drilled the wrong size too, yay.

Some parts are on order and I finally got a valve cover..

I don't understand where my MAF sensor is or if I have one and I still don't know how to wire up some sensors but all in good time

Comment

The m42 is slowly coming together...

-89 e30 320i brillantrot m42b20 turbo, street / timeattack
                -97 e36 316iAlpinweiß III Winterbeater

Comment

No to but for....Leased a reserved spot at local condo about 8 mins away from my house. I only have street parking at my place so it will be nice to have somewhere to keep her safe and ding free. I had been on the hunt for a spot against 1 or 2 walls for a while. This spot is perfect.

Last edited by Zeemz; 02-17-2017, 09:38 AM.
                  1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                  1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                  September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                  Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

back home

That all i got, I had to go back into work its just in there on the mounts nothing hooked up yet. Monday it goes to the muffler shop so I can have then build an exhaust system for me, it the only thing I can't or don't want to do.

Comment

Change the oil and did the last preps for tomorrow's track day. First oil change with the skid plate installed enjoy the horrible picture
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Added rear headrests to the back seat of the vert

Comment

So much good engine work going on in here! Mine's more cosmetic...

I bought some seat brackets from Massive Brakes, and fitted up some Recaros (there's more pics in my build thread of fitment). The brackets are very well made and fit perfectly.

The seats are Pacific Blue (rather than Indigo like my interior) so they aren't a perfect match, but they still turned out well. Took the opportunity to clean the interior of the car too - it needed it!

My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Fixed one of my sideskirts since the P.O. decided to try to attache the front with some silicone material. What a PITA to scrape/sand all of that shit off. Finally doesn't have the sideskirt hanging down anymore though
                            89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                            I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Very curious to see the write up on installing the Recaros!
                              1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

My 86 had ripped front sway bar tabs and NO front sway.

So I replaced-
                                reinforced Subframe
                                E36 Steering Rack
                                Guibo
                                CAB's
                                H&R cup kit
                                e90 drop hats
                                UUC front sway
                                Garagistic xbrace

whole slew of other things as well.
                                Only thing I didn't replace was the PS pump. The PO said it was good. Well, once everything was all buttoned up, I went to add ATF fluid and it FLOWED out of the pump from behind the pulley.

Now I've got a new one on order. Waiting to replace that, throw the wheels back on and adjust the sway bar so it's neutral then get an alignment.

So today- pulled the PS pump. Then I've got to get it on blocks so I can mount the sway. Otherwise I can't get my fatass under the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X