Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teh Bronzit 1989 325i SE (Auto to Manual, Z3M shifter, etc..)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teh Bronzit 1989 325i SE (Auto to Manual, Z3M shifter, etc..)

guess its about time i posted up my car.

got it about 4 months ago. think i have had it on the road for about 2 weeks of that time lol

car came with plenty of reciepts and history but only used on weekends if even that. day after i buy it the water pump lets go, fix that and then break 2 rocker arms so all new rockers, new cam (old was worn), new spray bar, etc. put it all back together and now missing so on goes new distributor, rotor arm, leads and plugs, fuel pump, inlet manifold gasket and a venom motorsport chip for good measure. have the car going about 1 week then the auto box gives up the ghost (probably that 6500rpm neutral drop in the dry that did it lol)

so anyway i have been collecting parts for the swap the last few weeks and nearly there. just 1 or 2 more bits. i have all new guibo, master and slave cylinder, lines, AP clutch kit, pre-87 prop with no balancer, Z3 M coupe shifter (no balancer to worry about clearance), new centre bearing support and bearing, new trans mount bushes, new reverse switch, new brake switch, etc, etc.. also have an E36 318tds radiator to go in which has the inlet/outlet on the same places but is about 1 inch fatter and about 4 inches wider than the stock radiator. also planning to keep the auto 4.10 diff. hoping with the 4.10 and the 7000rpm limit from the chip it will pull up the gears faster while not losing too much speed at the end of each gear compared to a stock manual diff.

so on to the pics:

more to come

Currently E30-less

- EthosMotorsports.com

tranny looks nice cleaned up...
    BMWCCA #389756

Comment

just hoping it works as nice as it looks lol

unknown milage. best guess is in the 100-130k region. goes in and out of all gears fine and input/output turn so hopefully it will hold up to the occasional rip up the gears with the Z3M shifter.. speaking of, i got a pic of it fitted but im not happy with the angle the shifter sits at so im going to bend the selector rod a bit. also going to add some weight to the rod so it doesnt feel as notchy.

hoping to be back on the road week after next. going to try and fit the manual pedal box tomorrow. getting a garage to swap the boxes but im doing all the little loose ends and wiring and whatnot.

Currently E30-less

- EthosMotorsports.com

Comment

u saved that e30

-
        Project
        Parts for Sale
        Feedback
        YouTube Channel

Comment

The pedal box can be a pita. I just swapped the individual pedals rather than the mounting plate with the pedals attached.

Way to bring the car back to life!

Comment

dunno for your LHD cars but on my RHD the auto plate was a bi different, dunno if it would have swapped over. another 2 things different on RHD that i discovered is the RHD clutch master has its own little resivoir on the exhaust side of the engine bay so no need to cut off the plugged nipple on the brake res. also since the brake master is oon the same side as a LHD car there is a linkage rod that runs from the RH side of the car to the LH and joins the brake pedal to the brake master cyl.

pedal box swap. not too hard just tricky to get at things back there.

wiring completed.

close up of wires joined in order for the car to start without a park or neutral signal from the auto. also nicely heat shrink wrapped and joined to the standard reverse light switch plug.

Z3M shifter as it sits. need to bend the lower rod to straighten the shifter up a bit.

Currently E30-less

- EthosMotorsports.com

Comment

Working...
            X