Millennials.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
    And I'm only a little gay - not full blown "I identify as a transgender woman so I can use the ladies bathroom" gay.
    Have you seen how nice some ladies bathrooms are? Some of them have art on the walls, couches and are really nice! (Don't ask me how I know this)
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

You wouldn't beat your dog, why would you beat your kids? Yeah, we all know your dad was an abusive asshole - so was mine. Doesn't make it right, or that if i don't hit my kids that they'll be shitheads (quite the opposite).
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
        However, sometimes you get the idiot with the poorly-restored '77 Corvette craigslist special he bought trying to be cool. The guy who wants to hang out with everyone else, but just doesn't get it.
        Sadly, that's usually the guy who's had it since new and thought he was cool back then and peaked in HS. Still believes he can recapture that glory at some point...

A Real Munson.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

the real "millennial" scourge..
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

There is a huge difference between a tap on the butt and beating your kids.

Just saying.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
              There is a huge difference between a tap on the butt and beating your kids.

Just saying.
              Definitely. I don't spank my daughter over everything, but if I tell her no enough times and she still tries to do it, then she gets a swat. You have to find a line for how much to spank them. Another thing is that you need to spend time with them and be genuine and earn their RESPECT. My mom spanked me like every day (I was a little shithead to my mom) and that did basically nothing. I highly respected and looked up to my dad as long as I can remember. I remember very few times that he's had to spank me. Only a couple of times with a belt when I did something really stupid. Basically, it's not quite as black and white as hitting and no hitting.
              88 325i Cabrio
              04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                Again, based on what evidence? Your perception and various news articles that repeat the same tired tropes over and over?
                UM, when I volunteer at elementary schools, middle schools and highschools? I teach these about kids epilepsy since I have it.

I also travel a lot and talk to a lot of college kids. (Im only 28 myself) It's been a discussion now, by professors, on NPR and etc. describing how campuses are no longer a haven for ideas or relative free speech. Key word: relative. What are you fighting nando?

Comment

actually........

i attended a speech by a sociologist that studies demographics, characteristics of the different generations

and guess what

the millennials are equivalent to the WWII generation
                  pro USA, more religious than not, drug usage going down, community oriented, don't like arguing and seek consensus, pro self responsibility, and generally believe smaller government is better

my son is 28, daughter is 31 and i see this in them and their friends

the millennials will eventually restore good governance at least as much as they can

once you'all get old enough to care about voting
                  “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                    actually........

i attended a speech by a sociologist that studies demographics, characteristics of the different generations

and guess what

pro USA, more religious than not, drug usage going down, community oriented, don't like arguing and seek consensus, pro self responsibility, and generally believe smaller government is better

the millennials will eventually restore good governance at least as much as they can

Interesting and would love to read that study! Perhaps you should still hold your conclusions from it. Hopefully this conservatism, you speak of, is learned quickly soon after these kids are leaving college for I see an overly PC culture rotting us from within.

Will say this and with the perspective of living in California (traveling to the east coast here and there) vs also living in Europe for a bit.

Arguing is good. Easily reaching consensus isn't necessarily a good thing when everyone agrees it's good to belittle one's beliefs or rights because they don't hold a popular opinion. Remember the 1st amendment is to protect unpopular speech, not the popular kind. Pro self responsibility? If that has anything beyond to staying fit then that is debatable. The responsibility for gathering information and critical thinking beyond main taking points given by the MSM isn't something that's too noticeable in the younger generation, and in our culture as a whole. The welfare state is generally agreed upon and strangers are usually strangers unless you're drunk enough.

I wonder if the WWII gen would almost kill themselves to get that perfect selfy or faceook fad? Perhaps the study left out the observation of quantity over quality. I see a vast sea of content for ignorance and it's usually a pleasant surprise when I encounter otherwise.

Disclaimer: Quality to me isn't people agreeing to my viewpoint no. There is a popular strategy of divide and conquer and this generation, like all the ones before it, are falling for it. If it wasn't the case, you wouldn't have so many people supporting violence at protests against political leaders, as just one small example. In the end, this generation's potential is limitless!!! We'll see where it goes when as you said, they start to vote!

Comment

Woah hey guys look another one of these "millenials suck now justify my opinion" threads!

I agree some car meets are shit, but it's not a generational thing, I know for certain previous generations were shitters at car meets.

Now up off your high horse and go back to not caring.

Edit: don't know where gwb is getting more religious. Sounds like an anecdotal observation to me. Actual polls show millenials as least religious.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

How has no one told OP his truck is bad and he should feel bad?!?
                        sigpic
                        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

What's the point in being so concerned about an entire generation when you should be more worried about your own shit? So what if people think what you have done to or put on your car is stupid. They can have their opinion just like you can about their car. Hop off the high horse "degrading car culture" bollocks. It changes with the times and what grabs the eye. From low riders to minitrucks, then to F&F/Pimp My Ride era styling, now to slamming everything or bagging everything. There's always a clique. Car culture is like high school if you think about it.

Stop caring so much and just enjoy the ride. Focus on your future, fuck what people think and accept that people have different tastes and make some good money. The less you worry and focus more on what make you happy, the better your outlook is.
                          "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
                          The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                            UM, when I volunteer at elementary schools, middle schools and highschools?
                            Ah, anecdotal evidence, easily the strongest form.
                            91 325iX - magnaflow, h&r sports+bilstein hds, chip

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                              actually........

and guess what

I guess they just need a great war to reach greatness :)
                              e92 M3
                              e30 M3 s52 swap
                              w203 C240 wagon (DD)
                              190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

Comment

Originally posted by FLYNAVY View Post
                                I guess they just need a great war to reach greatness :)
                                given what you see in the world today, the odds have certainly gone up
                                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X