No announcement yet.

Bought a pig......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked how these looked when they came out, way better looking than the Camaro and Mustang at the time, I prefer the new mustang though. Never could get over just how god-awful the visibility was when I drove the Challenger and Camaro, not that the Mustang is a whole lot better. I've seen the R/Ts get into the 12s in the 1/4mi with bolt ons, stock autos are pretty slow though.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

I really like! Congrats.

The Challenger has narrow rubber compared with it's peers. Plans to stagger?

The engine bay should have a decal that says "Powered by Black and Decker"
      Attached Files
      I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

^^^^^^ lol. Not much to look at underneath the cover, it's just an engine nothing more nothing less.

Comment

You know, I used to hate the engine covers on modern cars, but a modern engine isn't a pretty thing anyway with it being covered in plastic, and wires and tubes snaking about, so it's no big deal.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          - updated 3-17

Comment

they are "Beauty covers" guise

Comment

I don't know, I like seeing the M90 on my 97 gtp... Also, I'm gonna be the outlier here and say I actually enjoy the Camaro. I've driven my gf's 2015 mustang with a v6 (hate mustangs, especially with a v6) and the visibility is shit. The ride is nice and it does feel very sporty, however, it feels so cramped in there. While my Pontiac is in the shop, her parents have lent me their 2010 Camaro SS auto. Even though it's an auto, HOLY DICK does it scoot. It feels so much better as far as space, too. I need a somewhat spacious car, since I have a child that I have to put in a car seat. I also didn't like the looks before, but that aggressive front end has grown on me. I haven't driven a dodge yet, but I'm sure they're pretty groovy as well. Wouldn't mind owning a hellcat...
              88 325i Cabrio
              04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                Even though it's an auto, HOLY DICK does it scoot.
                Well yeah, even though it's a real porker it's a low 13 second car, which is quick, and the low end torque of a big V8 makes a car feel faster than it is. I was really surprised when I found out the auto RT challengers were in the 14s stock, slow.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                  Well yeah, even though it's a real porker it's a low 13 second car, which is quick, and the low end torque of a big V8 makes a car feel faster than it is. I was really surprised when I found out the auto RT challengers were in the 14s stock, slow.
                  Yea don't new Camry's run 13's these days?
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I think the Challenger is a pretty good looking car but there definitely pigs unless you got a hellcat. My s52 car on the freeway out run's the newer camero's and challengers. Haven't had the chance to run a mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                      Yea don't new Camry's run 13's these days?
                      They're still in the 14s, trapping under 100mph, AFAIK.

(edit)
                      C&D says
                      2007: 14.3@99mph
                      2012: 14.3@101mph
                      2015: 14.3@100mph
                      So they aren't getting any faster.
                      Last edited by varg; 06-04-2016, 02:01 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                        The motor looks fake...
                        How is the hood that long and the engine is still crammed in there all tight?

It does look clean under the hood though...
                        sigpic
                        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

After a year of owning the pig, I'm just as excited to drive it as the first day of ownership. It's gone through some changes that allows cornering at speeds now. Still have the stock engine but now I can effectively use the power.
                          -Bilstein pro struts and shocks
                          -Eiback lowering springs
                          -Hotchkis sway bars
                          -Barton short shifter
                          -Custom front splitter
                          -classic decal delete
                          -Hood and wheel blackout
                          -Engine dress up

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                            I agree completely on the Camaro.

I think if I were buying today the 5.0 would get my attention most. I would love an lsx car, but after having a v6 Camaro rental, I would never buy one. The blind spots were ridiculous, and the car just felt cheap.

Congrats on the pickup, any plans?
                            Agree, I hate the new camaro and the both mopar muscle cars due to excessive blind spots. 1Le Comaro is fun and the new mopar stuff is as well but I'd buy a ford.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                              I'd buy a ford.
                              As much as you've made your Challenger interesting graveshaker, I still don't get it as a car or even as a statement. Even so, glad you enjoy it as it's so hard to find that in a modern car!

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                                As much as you've made your Challenger interesting graveshaker, I still don't get it as a car or even as a statement. Even so, glad you enjoy it as it's so hard to find that in a modern car!
                                What is there to understand? It's a car nothing more nothing less.

Comment

Working...
                                X