Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might have found a car that will make me sell he Audi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might have found a car that will make me sell he Audi.

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    Yea I just can't bring myself to go Auto. I want to keep my options open, not necessarily looking for straight line only.

I cant remember off top my head the name of it. But its essentially a built t56 its like 3k but you'd have a good manual trans that wont shit out.

Here it is.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

The more I think about this, the greater the chances if the deal with the E36 doesn't go through. A cammed ls3 in that car would be an absolute monster.

Plus, as gay as it sounds, I think I have my favorite driving experiences in the Mazda. Worked late last night, hour and fifteen minute drive home at 11:30pm with the top down is a pretty cool experience.
      I totally understand them yet experience. Here's mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

I meant I totally understand the Miata experience. It is indeed awesome to drive slow car fast, especially a Miata. That said, the thought of torque is very appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
          I've never understood the point of ls swapping a perfectly fine running e36 M3. For ~$6000 you get a very competent sport sedan that will do everything you want. If you just want to build a fast project car, then why not find a cheap base model e36 and swap that instead? Find a car with a blown engine for like $500 and have fun modding a car that nobody will miss.
          I can see it. The US market E36 M3 is disappointingly slow, but it's better looking, better equipped, and has better suspension in it than a base model E36, it's a better starting point for making a fast car.
          Last edited by varg; 06-05-2016, 09:21 AM.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 3-17

Comment

I imagine an aluminum ls engine would be win win. Keep the handling characteristics and give it the power it deserves.

So in the next 2 weeks I'll be putting the black car back together. Part of the deal is I give him both cars, the black one has to be in running/driving condition.

I'm excited, hoping all goes well.

As for the swapping part, a properly done ls3 conversion would only raise the value. These things will never be worth what the e30 m3 is.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Those artifacts

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

Yea sole the photo off my brother's Facebook. It is what it is.
                No E30 Club
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I imagine an aluminum ls engine would be win win. Keep the handling characteristics and give it the power it deserves.

So in the next 2 weeks I'll be putting the black car back together. Part of the deal is I give him both cars, the black one has to be in running/driving condition.

I'm excited, hoping all goes well.

As for the swapping part, a properly done ls3 conversion would only raise the value. These things will never be worth what the e30 m3 is.

Gonna get the built t56 if you do it? Only seems logical. It can take 700ft lbs of torque so you'll easily be able to hit your goal and keep it reliable.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Hard to say, a friend informed me of a company that makes a complete adapter kit with twin disk clutch. Bolts the lsx to the ZF trans.

Might be the way to go, depending on cost. If it's 3k, might as well go t56.
                    No E30 Club

Comment

If nobody has mentioned yet, you may want to see if Kaliboy has a thread here on his swap.

Comment

I've never understood the point of ls swapping a perfectly fine running e36 M3. For ~$6000 you get a very competent sport sedan that will do everything you want. If you just want to build a fast project car, then why not find a cheap base model e36 and swap that instead? Find a car with a blown engine for like $500 and have fun modding a car that nobody will miss.
                        I think the draw is that an e36 M3 has a lot of performance (as well as of course aesthetic/interior/exterior) enhancements that one would most likely want to add to a baseline e36 non-M, above the cost of the motor swap itself. It isn't like there is really any shortage of e36 M3's in the market, at least in various states of repair. I kind of buy the argument with the e30 M3, with their more limited numbers today, but I also say that as a guy who bought an s52 swapped e30 M, so maybe I am just biased on the subject anyway. That all being said, I would probably hesitate to use a really clean low mileage e36 M for a swap project……that would just be sad for folks who might want such a car as is.
                        e92 M3
                        e30 M3 s52 swap
                        w203 C240 wagon (DD)
                        190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

Comment

I would go turbo m52 in the m3
                          1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                          2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                          2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

I'm kind of a purist when it comes to M cars, but I see no problem with dropping a LS into a e36 M3, clean, low milage, or other. Its not like in stock form it had a real M engine any ways. I would love to build a e36 M3 v12 some day...
                            My Garage
                            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

turbo v8 e36> turbo s52 e36> v8 miata > v8 e36
                              BMW tech
                              Umass Amherst
                              05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                                I'm kind of a purist when it comes to M cars, but I see no problem with dropping a LS into a e36 M3, clean, low milage, or other. Its not like in stock form it had a real M engine any ways. I would love to build a e36 M3 v12 some day...
                                I understand it doesn't apply to the OP as much, but I see it as keeping the total cost of the project down. If somebody was determined to build a ls3 swapped e36, it doesn't make sense to start with the most expensive e36 you can get. I get that the s52 isn't a real M engine and it's not "fast", but it still seems like a waste of a perfectly fine, original car that many other people would love to have just the way it is. The only real advantage a M3 has is reinforced subframe mounting points. But whatever, carry on. I'm just getting exhausted by this compulsive modding culture that's never satisfied with how fast a car is. Plus, didn't the OP just [barely] buy a house, and now he's talking about dropping $7k on a car project?

/taht guy
                                My Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X