Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make my decision for me. (First world problems)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make my decision for me. (First world problems)

Just vote. My future holds one of these options. I can sell the Miata for the M3. S4 is staying.
    S52/m50 built/boosted e36m3
    68.25%
    Lq4/4l80e Miata, with boost.
    31.75%
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Big turbo V8 slushbox Miata?

That is a ridiculous (not in a good way) idea and by default makes the E36 the correct choice. The powerplant for the E36 could open for discussion however...
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I was against an auto as well, but the 4l80e is a stout trans. I honestly think at this point if I do any boosted v8, it will get the auto. Unless I come across a t56 for a steal.

If I went way of the e36, I see no reason to swap to a v8 after reading up on what the m50 is capable of with a proper build.

I'm looking for near 4 digit numbers on this long term project.
      Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 06-10-2016, 05:31 AM.
      No E30 Club
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

i thought your bro backed out?

Comment

He did, but he gave me a price. He is in a situation where he really doesn't really care if he has a toy car (m3) right now. He will sell me the M3, or keep it.
          No E30 Club

Comment

i've always considered miata's as being....well....fruity. maybe a step above a del sol, but still....

why keep the audi and have another ridiculous fast car? what is the purpose for having two? you will probably end up selling one of them anyway because the one you like the least won't be driven. the one that gets sold probably won't bring anything near what you have invested and you will likely lose your ass. just saying.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Honestly I've just made up my mind that I like where the S4 is right now. It's a comfortable, fast, dare I say reliable car in it's current state. I can hop in, drive to work, take my wife out to dinner, ect. I think I will just be working on suspension and other aspects of the S4 from here on out. Power wise, I don't want to change anything.

The second car will be the wild mistress.

Either way, I really won't be spending that much money on reality. I've gotten pretty good at keeping patient and waiting for deals. The project I want to start on will likely take 2-3 years to complete.
              No E30 Club

Comment

Also the attractive thing about the lsx engines is that people have been putting down huge numbers on stock motors. At $500, I don't care if it pops. Just drop another in.
                No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                  i've always considered miata's as being....well....fruity. maybe a step above a del sol, but still....

why keep the audi and have another ridiculous fast car? what is the purpose for having two? you will probably end up selling one of them anyway because the one you like the least won't be driven. the one that gets sold probably won't bring anything near what you have invested and you will likely lose your ass. just saying.
                  Hey now!! Del Sol's are fun. That said, I'm with you on the two fast cars thing. I have my 332is and am likely leaving my job (and losing my company car) soon. I was looking at Golf GTI's but then though...I already have a fast car. Now looking at F100 Land Cruisers for a new daily. Better camping rig than the Volvo and can tow sailboats to mountain lakes.
                  sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                    I was against an auto as well, but the 4l80e is a stout trans. I honestly think at this point if I do any boosted v8, it will get the auto. Unless I come across a t56 for a steal.

If I went way of the e36, I see no reason to swap to a v8 after reading up on what the m50 is capable of with a proper build.

I'm looking for near 4 digit numbers on this long term project.

I'm not bashing the v8 auto, just putting it in a miata. The E36 chassis is just going to handle big power a lot easier than the hairdressers car.

24V bmw engines can make great HP, boosted v8 just does it cheaper.
                    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

M3 Turbo... I've been thinking of doing the same thing with mine.
                      Instagram
                      sigpic
                      Current: 99 M3
                      Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

I voted for the miata just so you can stay in the no BMW club and forever be labelled a lurker
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I'm guessing whatever you build will be doing some pretty high speeds. Miata's wheelbase is 90, E36 is 106... food for thought. My pick would be the E36 without question.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            I voted for the miata just so you can stay in the no BMW club and forever be labelled a lurker
                            That in mind, E36 is 3 votes in the lead.

I really might sell the S4 if I do this. E36 is light enough that it could lay down some very high trap speeds while retaining the comfort aspect.

Plus I like the idea of not doing a major swap.
                            No E30 Club

Comment

E36 gets more of the sexy womens. E36 wins.
                              88 325i Cabrio
                              04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Working...
                              X