Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make my decision for me. (First world problems)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it interesting and have e36 m3 with a n54 swap?

Comment

that Miata would be a nice little sleeper. You can also use a turbo 400 if you wanted. Them are a good trans my neighbor had a built one behind his 1000hp drag car and that fucker hooked and booked had an air shifter and all that on it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
        Make it interesting and have e36 m3 with a n54 swap?
        fully erect
        C6Z
        S2K
        VeloN

Comment

A V8 Miata sounds great in theory but the chassis really doesn't handle that kind of power well. The E36 on the other and is proven to handle 600+hp without issue. From what it sounds like your goals are the E36 seems like the better choice.
          88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
          We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

I can't believe this is even an actual question. E36 > Miata any day of the year.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

^ I am guessing you have never driven a Miata.
              I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Still don't see the point in paying more for a M3 only to swap out the engine (unless you find one with a bad engine for cheap). If you're going to be tearing it apart and rebuilding the entire car anyway then I'd hunt for a cheaper model that somebody will sell for <$1000 instead of spending like ~$6000 for a M3. Put the "extra" cash toward things like suspension/paintwork.

The e36 I wish I could build is a tuned N52 swap, ideally a slicktop with CF panels (painted) and other weight reduction. The goal would be a relatively light-weight, nimble car that's quicker than a stock M3. I like my e36 but it feels so heavy compared to my old e30.
                My Feedback

Comment

Working...
                X