high crimes and misdemeanors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high crimes and misdemeanors

So I'd like to hear from the Obama supporters in the crowd how you might justify the President acting against his sworn oath to faithfully execute the laws of the land.
    the following link is a pretty good summary of Obama's disregard for the law and the constitution.

Explaining his decision to unilaterally rewrite the Affordable Care Act (ACA), he said: “I didn’t simply choose to” ignore the statutory requirement for beginning in 2014 the employer mandate to provide employees with health care. No, “this was in consultation with businesses.”

The President has no authority to do this, yet he does. I fault congress for not challenging him over this, but how can the President believe he rules by decree?

“There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

The national black congress (or something) just filed articles of impeachment.....

He needs to be out of office.

Also, hi NSA!
    - Josh
    1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
    Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
      The national black congress (or something) just filed articles of impeachment.....

He needs to be out of office.

Also, hi NSA!
      National Black Republican Association (NBRA) did it and it's about Benghazi and F&F, which really means they don't have a good reason for filing the impeachment.

This shit is so stupid:

PS: Replublicans need to stop stepping on their own dicks

Comment

I think the important thing to remember is that the President is a figurehead in the executive branch- although he can pull off some 'interesting' tricks militarily and legislatively, no law can pass in this country without a majority vote in the house and senate.

On the subject of the healthcare law, remember that these people voted for it, NOT Obama, although they are all part of the same party:

My history professor always told us 'Never vote for the man, a man is only as good as the party that supports him. If there is no party support, then no votes will ever pass any legislation he wants, even if he is a good man and it is a good bill (or women, just to be pc).

He also was very adamant that independent or 3rd party candidates causing vote-splitting, and the opposite of your votes 'bigger picture' intent to happen. This also applies to 'single-issue' voters.

I can assure you that they did not want that vote to go back and risk it for a small change, so he wiggle the executive power around a bit to make the insurance thing happen anyway. I can also assure you, that this move came from the whole party, and likely the other party too, and not just Obama. These are all our tax dollars anyway we are talking about, so I hope they wouldn't pass laws that cost the people more money unnecessarily. More on that in a sec.

I would say I am more of a green party person generally with some libertarian leaning... however I have to vote democrat to get the social safety net items I want and 7 out of 10 other things I actually want done. I like my guns and I wish they would stop pushing that issue, but even so big-picture holistically the democrats are driving the car in the correct direction.

My state is about 50/50 on every election, and currently we are making headlines for voter id laws, abortion laws attached to motorcycle safety bills, state supported religion, board of election voter suppression, squiggly line gerrymandering, fracking, now allowing landfills in wetland areas, lowering our teacher pay to the lowest in the nation, seizure of municipal assets by the state etc etc.

Why did that happen? How did McCrory become the first republican governor and how did we get the first republican controlled government in 20 years?

He campaigned for change. He campaigned to fix the broken government and create jobs, and he had huge $$ backing to support that message. And people bought it and flopped sides.... and looking at the moral monday protests around the state they seem to regret that decision.

And of course as soon as he won he cut teacher salary and funded his 'political class' of aids up almost 10%:

The question is: will the media hype of 'obama's poor performance' cause people to flip at the national level again? All the republicans need to do is campaign for 'real change' even though they were the ones preventing most, if not all of Obamas ideas getting through the house.

Will the American people really be that gullible? Can they really not see the bigger picture? My state is an excellent and embarrassing example of what happens when they cant, and I hope it doesn't happen to the whole country.

Using political power for personal party gain at the expense of the people is no good- no matter who is doing it, red or blue. But you still have to pick the lesser evil at the end of the day, and in my state it is an obvious choice.

Comment

If this was Egypt, we the people would have the balls to protest and kick the whole fucking lot out.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
            if this was egypt, we the people would have the balls to protest and kick the whole fucking lot out.
            qft
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
            X