Navy Yard Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nando

Yes like japan that is ranked at #10 in the world, and the US is about #33 (there was about 12 suicides per 100k people in 2012 in the US) . I guess in japan Everyone must own a gun there were 21.7 suicides per 100k people occurred in 2012 . Oh wait thats right firearms are 100% banned in japan for ordinary citizens to own.

Or how about South Korea, which is #2 on the list with 31.8 self killings per 100k people, Must be lots of firearms there too. Oh shit hold the phone, getting a firearm in south Korea is difficult and your only allowed to have a hunting rifle that must be kept at the police station when its not hunting season. Must be all the suicides happen there during hunting season
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 09-30-2013, 06:19 PM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Once again, nobody is making that argument. Why are you (and others) unable to discern the difference between discussion and advocacy of a position?

Comment

false premise is still false. we are trying to point that out,
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          false premise is still false. we are trying to point that out,
          What false premise? The suicide studies have much more validity than your fucking opinions do.

Comment

So its your car that makes you speed... or drive recklessly right???

I think its pretty much a given fact that a inanimate object cant convince, cause or course you to do ANY-FUCKING-THING!!!!!! You have to chose to do something, YOU, as in your brain has to decide to do something. Your firearm is not making you do any fucking thing you have not already chosen to do !!!!

This is not opinion this is fucking fact, and common sense. No amount of studies and data manipulation will trump this cold hard reality of how the universe works

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
              Not at all, I have a pretty large safe that only I know the combination to, that keeps my guns free from anyone other than who I want to see or touch. If I ever had a son or daughter that had a mental illness I would even try to safe proof that if I chose to own firearms.

We have had this discussion before...

Now I don't mean to make light of a tragic situation. I know its a tragic moment in more than just his life, and affects those that are close. I understand and respect that.
              But it was not the guns fault it was used in the shooting. Its not like he woke up on day and said yesterday my life was awesome and today Kurt Cobain it. Writing was all over the place before that ever happened.
              I guess denial is easier than accepting the truth.

It's only speculation on my part, but you've never had someone close to you take their own life. You'd be amazed at what people can hide.

With that said, I'll let you guys go back to arguing your stupid bullshit from the extremes while completely ignoring the "silent majority", ie, those of us in the realistic middle.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

So its your car that makes you speed... or drive recklessly right???

I think its pretty much a given fact that a inanimate object cant convince, cause or course you to do ANY-FUCKING-THING!!!!!! You have to chose to do something, YOU, as in your brain has to decide to do something. Your firearm is not making you do any fucking thing you have not already chosen to do !!!!

This is not opinion this is fucking fact, and common sense. No amount of studies and data manipulation will trump this cold hard reality of how the universe works
                I don't know how to spell it out any easier for you but the studies underline that accessibility affects suicide rates.

Nobody is denying that it required a personal decision to commit suicide but you seem incapable educating yourself on this issue beyond your own predefined opinion.

You really need to stop being so insecure when it comes to these discussions.

Comment

wow really? that's a pretty strong statement. think about that again..

anyway, that wasn't my point in the first place - the point is, people who shouldn't have guns are getting them, and using them to kill people.

so far, the answer from the right has been to continue on as if nothing is wrong. just ignore the problem and it'll go away, right?
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Dealing with this conversation via emotion blinds you to Sleeve's point

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                      Sleeve is making the emotional posts here, look how worked up he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                        huh? how was my post even a little emotional?
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                        X