Greed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greed...

Too old, too tired and not enough money to fight. The District sold their small debts to investors, now their homes are gone for good.

Guy was probably living on less than 750 a month.. Mortgage Foreclosures and Tax issues.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

you never own your property you always have to pay your rent to the govt

very sad story,
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

It is sad, wonder who the investors are. How many are linked to LLC that might have someone from gov't in the directors.

Comment

I would say most as there has to be some kind of inside line on this kinda thing
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Urban Re-development.

Comment

hmm, if the property now belongs to third party company, why are US Marshalls putting his shit on the curb?
            Last edited by rhE-30; 09-09-2013, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rhE-30 View Post
              hmm, if the property now belongs to third party company, why are US Marshalls putting his shit on the curb?
              They are serving the warrant.

Comment

The people of a country are judged by the eyes of the world, by how they treat their most vulnerable.

This is disgusting.
                Originally posted by codyep3
                I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                2010 F650gs twin
                2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

lulz

M, sleeve.......yet you guys will defend the explosion of CEO pay, reduction in benefits and purchasing power for the middle class, etc.

The hypocrisy has me laughing so hard, it's literally hard to type.

Seriously, where are the "personal responsibility" rants?
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    lulz

M, sleeve.......yet you guys will defend the explosion of CEO pay, reduction in benefits and purchasing power for the middle class, etc.

The hypocrisy has me laughing so hard, it's literally hard to type.

Seriously, where are the "personal responsibility" rants?
                    What does CEO pay and what not have to do with a 76 year old man with dementia getting his home stolen from him by a shitty system designed to prey on those most vulnerable in a city run by the "party of the middle class and watching out for the little guy"??? Party affiliation on this would have little to do with it I suspect, as its the convulsion of a corrupt system and predatory private interest both filed with unscrupulous individuals.

Personal responsibility is one thing, but this is something totally different. I fail to see where there is any hypocrisy in my statements or in my beliefs. This is a sad story, one that should not happen.

William Pitt-

Comment

Does the government have responsibility or accountability to people who do not pay taxes and have existing health issues?

Would there have been a different reaction if he was already homeless?

Taking peoples houses is horrible~ shouldnt somebody have talked to the guy first? Could the VA help out?

Comment

well, we all know DC is a cesspool, so this isn't exactly surprising. we have created a culture where the only thing that matters is profit - now you can see the results.

the hypocrisy is because this is what you say is good - they're just private companies doing the market's business, right? they're serving their shareholders by increasing the stock prices, right? This is the free market at work, right? the only thing a corporation exists for is to make money, correct?

And 90% of the profits from this enterprise are likely going straight to the top - the CEO, CFO, COO and large shareholders. That's where Z31's comment on CEO pay is coming from.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                          The people of a country are judged by the eyes of the world, by how they treat their most vulnerable.

This is disgusting.
                          Bullshit. But, even if that's your measuring stick, in aggregate we still win by a mile.
                          PNW Crew
                          90 m3
                          06 m5

Comment

Working...
                          X