X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italy has a lot of rust free cars. as does spain
    = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Yup, i bought my 323i from the Original owner, who bought it in Spain as a student, in 83, and drove it until 2011ish when it dropped a valve and busted a piston. Its pretty much 100% rust free(just battery tray is a little rusty. and i got it for a good price. Euro spec is good if you either know what your getting into and get it for a good price, or in my case, have every receipt since the day it was bought, and its rust free, and good price.
      89 325i Coupe Auto Delphin Metallic - Sold
      91 325i Sedan Auto Brilliantrot - Sold
      83 323i Euro Coupe Manual Lapisblue - Sold
      89 325i Coupe Manual Delphin - Sold
      89 325i Sedan Auto Brilliantrot
      87 325i Vert Manual Brilliantrot

Comment

Originally posted by markt51 View Post
        Yup, i bought my 323i from the Original owner, who bought it in Spain as a student, in 83, and drove it until 2011ish when it dropped a valve and busted a piston. Its pretty much 100% rust free(just battery tray is a little rusty. and i got it for a good price. Euro spec is good if you either know what your getting into and get it for a good price, or in my case, have every receipt since the day it was bought, and its rust free, and good price.

Pics?^^

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
          Julien, for the most part, you have a point. At 30yrs, a vehicle deemed in original(and naturally, safe, serviceable, and aesthetically-pleasing)condition can get 'H', or Historic plates, they're known to the Germans as 'Oldtimers'. The tax & insurance are cheaper, but not many Germans don't want to drive them even on a limited basis.

I would say that those who 'find' those e30's on very good or better condition, are in the know. Mostly they trade hands to other enthusiasts long before being put on sale to the 'general public'. Partly b/c the general public would scoff at paying the proper prices for such e30's, and enthusiasts don't really want them to fall into the wrong hands.

You're conclusion is actually a little superficial, go look on Mobile.de, autoscout24.de(there is an english option) and see what 'proper' e30's go for over here, it's getting a bit ridiculous but they're all getting nearer to the 'Oldtimer' status l mentioned before.

BTW, check the iX's too

Sent from my HTC via Tapatalk
          Agreed,
          I was just driving the point that a you typically won't easily find cheap decent quality e30s anymore in europe. They are either historic/enthusiast grade or they're rolling basketcase 320i with mismatched headlights (one smiley, one non), barum tires and 600k km on the clock ;D
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Damnit guys quit driving down the price of my eur0 p4rts.

But really though most euro e30 are option-less 4 banger rust buckets, while US spec e30s are optioned out, leather interior luxury cruisers.

Comment

Originally posted by totheredline View Post
              Italy has a lot of rust free cars. as does spain
              AFAIK a lot of them are banged up and unmaintained.

Comment

Originally posted by Scywrath View Post
                AFAIK a lot of them are banged up and unmaintained.
                it isnt true, here in Spain are a huge community of e30 fans and usually the e30 owners keep it in mint conditions, but if you want to buy a bargain you will buy a piece of shit, e30s in good conditions have a high price and specially e30s that had been sold in Spain, e30s that had been imported to Spain from Germany, France etc are less in demand

also, talking about the thread, in my opinion is not worth it to import a euro e30 to the US, like is said before US spec e30s usually come with 13 button OBCs, cruise control, etc...items that here in europe are rare,maybe if the e30 is something special like a hartge or an alpina is worth it

for example, in my case, i have a 325i and i am searching in ebay.com to buy a cruise control kit from the US because here in Spain is quite imposible to find one

PD: a pic of my proudly Spanish e30
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X