Sales of the GM Volt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No alternative fuel E30 = no care.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
      No alternative fuel E30 = no care.
      EV E30 w/ 900hp, 0-60 in 3.3, 110 mi range

VST conversions beats many gas powered cars at the track

Comment

wOw Thank you for posting that!
        1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
        1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
        1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

more: http://www.evalbum.com/type/BMW/

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
            Its funny to me how people are always quick to point out how many years it would take to 'justify' the cost of a fuel efficient vehicle but nobody ever bothers to calculate how a V8 engine will save time on your daily commute above and beyond your typical 4 banger. A hybrid or EV is an irrational luxury item just like any other $30k+ car. You could just as easily buy a used Corolla if you were genuinely trying to safe money. Some people are willing to pay a premium for idea of not purchasing gas on a weekly basis in the same way you or I might pay extra for a 400hp daily driver.

I'll be very impressed if GM manages to unload 120k Chevy Volts next year but I'm skeptical.
            huh? what does that have to do with what I said? I've owned my car outright for quite some time, and we paid for our family car with cash. Lhe lack of a car payment is liberating. It's just that buying a brand new car under the auspeces of saving money on gas is the stupidest thing ever. I don't think I said anything about buying a brand new V8 (which is also retarded). Maybe it's that I think buying a new car is the dumbest thing you could possibly do regardless.

Even if the car uses NO gas (which the volt does not), and even compared to a car that doesn't get very good fuel efficiency (like mine), it doesn't pay out. There's no way you'd still be driving it in 15 years, either. $30-40k is a big premium to pay just so "you don't have to fill up anymore".

<rant>
            Same reason I like dumping my clutch next to waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffless in their Priuses. There's a billion of them around here, and they all think they are saving the fucking planet, but they've really spent that oil money up front on powering the factory to build them and shipping the thousands of parts from all over the world. Not to mention, 50mpg was achieved like 30 years ago. Big fucking deal, only now they're doing it in the lamest car currently made.
            </rant>
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

608 Volts sold in March.

Still not "easily" available.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Nice. Whether motorheads in general like it or not, the Volt will sell and probably be the door opening for extended EVs to really get good market adoption. There's not real range concerns because of the gas generator and still has EV-only for short trips.

For an even cooler dual engine concept, look up the Jaquar CX75. With two mini turbines instead of an IC gas generator.

Hybrids will probably gain even more applications as fleet mpg requirements go up, but possibilities of efficiency is less than plug-in extended range EV. And with development like Porsche is doing, hybrid doesn't have to be heavy and lame (flywheel accumulator).

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                  Nice. Whether motorheads in general like it or not, the Volt will sell and probably be the door opening for extended EVs to really get good market adoption. There's not real range concerns because of the gas generator and still has EV-only for short trips.

For an even cooler dual engine concept, look up the Jaquar CX75. With two mini turbines instead of an IC gas generator.

Hybrids will probably gain even more applications as fleet mpg requirements go up, but possibilities of efficiency is less than plug-in extended range EV. And with development like Porsche is doing, hybrid doesn't have to be heavy and lame (flywheel accumulator).
                  YES
                  :firehop::firehop::firehop:

finally one of these companies at least pretending to GET IT.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                  If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

493 Volts sold in April.

That makes a total of 2,029 Volt units sold.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

481 sold for May...not looking so good.

Comment

and the GM CEO wants the feds to raise the federal excise tax on gas to a even BUCK to sway more people into buying this POS
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          and the GM CEO wants the feds to raise the federal excise tax on gas to a even BUCK to sway more people into buying this POS

Absolutely incredible isn't it. I almost couldn't believe the guy said that. But what do you expect from a guy who has his dick in Obama's ass (no reference to the military gay thread).
                          I will never buy a GM product again...not that i had any plans to anyways.

Comment

wow, you guys are asses. Volt is a great car. I only fault them for not jumping in with both feet, but it's a hell of a lot better than anyone else is doing right now.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                            If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

plug-in hybrids are actually a really good solution for a lot of people. The Volt is a good idea, and GM went up a notch in my book when they put it on the market.

electric cars are not for everyone, just like the AC Cobra is not for everyone. They are tools for a job, and they damn well should be available.

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                                Absolutely incredible isn't it. I almost couldn't believe the guy said that. But what do you expect from a guy who has his dick in Obama's ass (no reference to the military gay thread).
                                I will never buy a GM product again...not that i had any plans to anyways.
                                dude is a product of the Carlyle group, so yeah need I say any more.

Plug ins are fine if you 2 miles from work and drive 3000 miles a year, and never need to haul anything bigger than a toy poodle. For the rest of us they are a shitty idea. There is a reason the electric car was mostly abandoned 90 years ago, same reasons still exist, and still not resolved.
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X