R3V Students thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NKRoberts View Post
    So you are saying studying = worse grade. I dont agree.

I find the group study or at least reading the material out loud and trying to say it in my own words helps.
    okay okay okay. I'll rephrase it, because what I say is too generalized, and very questionable. You're very right.

read early, and don't cram. Cramming = worry. Worry can lead to panic. Panic = not as good of a grade.

Study early. Or do the homework. Don't just skim over the material. read it all.
    And don't do it solely the night before.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
      I've never studied. If a person studies, they worry more. More worry = worse grade.
      i actually agree with this

Comment

My first year of college I tried to study by myself. It didn't work, I barely made it through that year, in fact Im still trying to recover from that year now 2 years later.

Seriously though, group studying works wonders. I'm not talking about the whole round up 6 or 7 people and meet and the library and talk about the subject. Get 2 or 3 people you're close to, meet up at someone's house/dorm and just ask questions. Some of y'all will be know one thing while the others will know the other stuff, except for the one retard who doesn't know shit.

tl;dr - small group study, that shit works.

Comment

Part of studying, is listening to the lecture and understanding what they are "telling you" what to study. I'm not talking about studying chapter 8, I'm talking about 2 of the 7 topics of that chapter; that comes with attending classes and understanding what is important.
          1985 BMW 325e
          1997 BMW M3/4/5
          2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Active learning:
            1. I forget - when only I see
            2. I remember a little - when I see and hear
            3. I begin to understand - when I hear, see, and question
            4. I acquire knowledge and skill - when I hear, see, question, discuss, and do
            5. I master knowledge - when I teach

Group study man, when you can explain it to someone else so they get it, you know what you need to.
            88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
            We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Mods- Please lock this thread so OP wont be distracted by it.
              r3v = gradekiller
              E30 buildy things
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Google Anki.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Addys

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                    Fuck studying. Party hard.
                    This.

I go to a community college where there's a good chance you'll pass the class if you just show up.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
                      This.

I go to a community college where there's a good chance you'll pass the class if you just show up.
                      Man I loved those days. GRCC was a breeze compared to where I'm at now.

Comment

It's pretty awesome, not gonna lie haha. You guys get any snow up there yet?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
                          This.

Yeah my running start class (english)... easy shit. EASY

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
                            Just get some Adderall, stuff works.

naw, i'd recommend a double dose of Fukitall.

Cause honestly, who really cares if you even pass, there's millions of other ppl. out there going for the same thing and are just going to make gettinga job harder.

I say fuck it and pursue something that doens't require wasting time studying. 'cause honestly, if you dont' know the material yet, you clearly were not interested in it enough the first time the prof. taught it to you.
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                              okay okay okay. I'll rephrase it, because what I say is too generalized, and very questionable. You're very right.

read early, and don't cram. Cramming = worry. Worry can lead to panic. Panic = not as good of a grade.

Study early. Or do the homework. Don't just skim over the material. read it all.
                              And don't do it solely the night before.
                              Yeah I agree with this. Cramming is horrible. If you don't know the material the day before the test chances are you aren't going to so well.

Vinyl Lettering

Comment

What's college? Is that where you accumulate large amount debt for a fancy piece of paper?

Comment

Working...
                                X