Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery

So my e30 needs a new battery, as a joke I ran a cat battery off a dozer or some piece of equipment for awhile (work great until it died). I go to autozone to get a quote on a battery....$150 bucks for a battery!

So where should I go to order my battery? Or is that the normal price for e30 batteries?
    1985 BMW 325e
    1997 BMW M3/4/5
    2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

battery prices have gone nutz...and continue to rise like everything else except PAY..

Comment

go to your local parts distributor or auto dismantler and buy a refurbished battery.

paid 20 something bucks for mine and it works like a charm!

Comment

buy a used battery..i bought one from this shop back in december..came out of another bimmer havnt had a single issue..paid 30 bucks
        sigpic
        93 325i 120k
        mods: straight pipe,eibach sport springs,style 54s,kamotors carbonfiber cai,
        future mods: chip, m3 cams, headers, turbo

Comment

$100 @ walmart for a duralast. Not the greatest batteries out there, but no questions asked exchange policy if you have a problem.
          Haven't you ever seen Russian Nesting Dolls? They work like that.

1987 325e / 2008 135i

Comment

I see people selling optima yellow tops for $120 that's what I'm doing when my stack of forklift batteries die

1984 eta
            1964 1600 Roadster

Comment

I paid 90 for my truck battery at the same auto zone, they wanted 150 for a performance audio battery. That's why I'm so shocked that they want 150 for a normal e30 battery.
              1985 BMW 325e
              1997 BMW M3/4/5

Comment

INTERSTATE FTW paid like 100 for mine. Its all we use at the shop they last forever and come with a 5 year warranty.

Comment

Just got a new battery last week from Walmart (only place open at 1am) it's an Everstart and I payed $109 with a 9 dollar core, working good so far! And Walmart is really good about returns, I'm doing a turbo build in the next few weeks so I figured just spend the money and get a good battery, but ya I was shocked at the prices,
                  Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

Don't be such a cheapskate .....got to pay to play. Or.. in this case... start.
                    sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

walmart, battery for 75 bucks.
                      2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                      (Daily Driver)
                      Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                      KW V2 Coilovers
                      VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

at those prices i'd start to look at brailles or kronosparks. you know, because racecar.

Comment

Find a Deka dealer. Your local NAPA should have them.

Closing SOON!
                          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by txtorquemade View Post
                            Don't be such a cheapskate .....got to pay to play. Or.. in this case... start.
                            Its not about being a cheapskate, I'm going to be dropping some coin on this thing just so I can make it my travel car. I do believe in value and I don't see why a battery should be 150 for my car.
                            1985 BMW 325e
                            1997 BMW M3/4/5

Comment

Just look on craigslist. If not, I bought mines at pepboys $120~

Comment

Working...
                              X