Golf Thread (Not the Volkswagen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randomtask37 View Post
    I always stand just a hair closer to the ball than feels right with my fairway woods. I try to hit them more like a long iron than a driver. When I stretch for the ball, I top it.
    That makes sense. I do the same thing - stretch for the ball. I'll think "iron" next time.
    Instagram
    sigpic
    Current: 99 M3
    Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

I had a 4 day weekend and played a ton of golf. 18 holes on Friday, 18 on Sunday, and 27 on Monday.

I shot an all time low of 41 on my last 9 yesterday. All my drives were exactly where I wanted them, all my pitch shots too. I had 2 stick 4 feet from the pin ~100 yards out. Irons were a little inaccurate, but the distance was good enough. I can definitely see an improvement in my ball striking. Putting is still a mixed bag though.

One club I'm looking to experiment with is a 21* fairway wood. I have a 17* and it's awesome off the tee. Nice high and straight rainbow shot about 200 yards out. I'm thinking a 21* could become my go-to club on par 3's.

The only issue is I carry a 21* hybrid, so there would be some redundancy in that loft. Different ball flight i'm sure, but it might not be worth duplicating the loft. It's worth experimenting though.

i should have bought a membership with how much I've been playing, oh well.
      Instagram
      sigpic

Comment

I always at most 2 putt, it's everything else that needs work. Just think this putt is worth 1 mil each time and you'll get better, at least it works for me, LOL.
        "I wanna see da boat movie"
        "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

FYI if you guys don't know about golfnow.com ... Check it out. Cheap rates
          98 M3/4/5

Comment

if you dont know about http://golfwang.com/ i got sum bad newz
            Originally posted by HarryPotter
            not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
            Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Originally posted by Deltron Dirty30 View Post
              if you dont know about http://golfwang.com/ i got sum bad newz
              lol... a hat that just says "golf". I like it.
              Instagram
              sigpic

Comment

Well the days are getting shorter, but I'm still playing once or twice a week. Haven't met my goal yet of shooting in the 90's for 18. Best 18 so far is a 103 on a par 72.

There's still time though! How's everyone's golf been this summer?
                Instagram
                sigpic

Comment

Bump.

I got my 2015 membership at the local CC.... Who's ready? Anyone get anything interesting to add to their sets/bags?
                  Instagram
                  sigpic

Comment

I plan on playing as much as possible this summer.. My grandparents live on the nicest golf course around here in a 45min radius. Since i’m under 18 it’s 20$ for 9 holes or 30$. Cart included too… Pretty stoked to break out the clubs and go tear up the fairways.
                    -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                    -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Played my first round of the year yesterday... plenty of rust to knock off to say the least.

Played 18 holes starting at 9am without any sort of warmup... first mistake... Had a couple of rough holes to start and started to let the doubt build up which pretty much ruined my confidence the rest of the round. I forgot how mental of a game it can be.

We went in after 18 and had some beers and some lunch then went out for another 9. I was a new man. Not sure exactly what changed but hitting reset on the day made a big difference. I didn't exactly set the world on fire with the second 9, but I have the bug again and can't wait to get back out there.
                      Last edited by BobombETA; 04-27-2015, 03:10 PM. Reason: speligng
                      Instagram
                      sigpic

Comment

Bumping this since I played my first round yesterday. Good start to the year, looking forward to many more rounds.

Anyone else been hitting the links?
                        Instagram
                        sigpic

Comment

Was at the range last night. Only the second time I've gone since September. It seems I basically forgot how to drive. I was letting my face get too closed so I really had to make some adjustment but otherwise wasn't bad
                          '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                          '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                          '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                          '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by shameson View Post
                            Was at the range last night. Only the second time I've gone since September. It seems I basically forgot how to drive. I was letting my face get too closed so I really had to make some adjustment but otherwise wasn't bad
                            I hit the range first before my round and I was doing the same thing. Was it a low hit that died to the left?

I found that when I slowed my back swing it allowed me to control it better on the follow through, keeping the face more square. Of the 18 holes I played I had 6 dead straight 240 yard drives... the rest were less impressive, but playable.
                            Instagram
                            sigpic

Comment

Someone come to CA and play with me, thanks! I hover somewhere between a 6 and a 10 all year depending on season, I hate winter. My bag is usually pretty mismatched but here it is as it sits -
                              Titleist 915, 9.5, Aldila Rouge 70g stiff
                              Callaway Alpha 5 wood, Phenom 70g stiff
                              Titleist 913 3 hybrid, Phenom 70g stiff
                              2013 Titleist AP2 irons, 4-P, Dynamic Gold S300's
                              Callaway X Forged 50 and 54 wedges and a Vokey 58
                              My putter constantly changes, right now I'm using my Odyssey Sabretooth but I have a Scotty Newport, Ping CrazE and Odyssey #7CS just in case.
                              I work at a local course called Salinas Fairways in the pro shop and caddie at Pebble Beach which is the best job ever. Someone come keep me company! I need to talk about cars and play!
                              C6Z
                              S2K
                              VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                                Someone come to CA and play with me, thanks! I hover somewhere between a 6 and a 10 all year depending on season, I hate winter. My bag is usually pretty mismatched but here it is as it sits -
                                Titleist 915, 9.5, Aldila Rouge 70g stiff
                                Callaway Alpha 5 wood, Phenom 70g stiff
                                Titleist 913 3 hybrid, Phenom 70g stiff
                                2013 Titleist AP2 irons, 4-P, Dynamic Gold S300's
                                Callaway X Forged 50 and 54 wedges and a Vokey 58
                                My putter constantly changes, right now I'm using my Odyssey Sabretooth but I have a Scotty Newport, Ping CrazE and Odyssey #7CS just in case.
                                I work at a local course called Salinas Fairways in the pro shop and caddie at Pebble Beach which is the best job ever. Someone come keep me company! I need to talk about cars and play!
                                Sounds like a nice set up and a sweet gig you've got there. I wish I had that kind of access. Single digit handicap huh? That's impressive!
                                Instagram
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X