No announcement yet.

eurospec e30s aren't worth it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amusing thread. Only a few e30's I would ever consider importing. Most stuff swaps over as we all know. E30's are dying off fast in Germany. I travel a lot and hardly ever see one on the road and when I do it's on a repair or temporary tag.

All e30 are suffering from drift/stance tax it seems.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Good info. I'm not into euro cars for the sake that they are euro....I just love all the goodies you guys got that we didn't. Rear window shade, manual windows, power headlight adjustment, headlight washers, etc
      Current:
      1989 325i
      1988 M3
      1987 325ic
      Past:
      2001 330ci
      2001 M3

Comment

Although the prospect of owning a euro market car is cool, my buddy has a 323i. When it was imported from germany, the US had BMW swap in a m20b27. He has the documents of BMW swapping it in. Cars imported get so fucked up, they end up with a lot of mix-matched items.
        2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
        (Daily Driver)
        Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
        KW V2 Coilovers
        VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
          Although the prospect of owning a euro market car is cool, my buddy has a 323i. When it was imported from germany, the US had BMW swap in a m20b27. He has the documents of BMW swapping it in. Cars imported get so fucked up, they end up with a lot of mix-matched items.
          I've never heard of this having to happen? why did the us make them put in a b27

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
            I've never heard of this having to happen? why did the us make them put in a b27
            Emissions, I don't know. That's the mystery. The import date was the same day as the m20b27 swap done by BMW. Maybe it wasn't forced by BMW, maybe the owner asked for it.
            2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
            (Daily Driver)
            Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
            KW V2 Coilovers
            VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
              Thanks for the support guys!
              To clarify some points:
              - I'm mostly referring to german/dutch/french/english/belgian e30s that make their way to the united states.

One thing I forgot to add, many of these countries have special consideration for cars older than 25 years old (less road tax, less frequent inspection, etc) so, the nice ones are more valuable there too.

On the german to other european country comment: It's no secret that germany has the largest portion of well optioned-out, biggest motor'd e30s in europe. This is very attractive to many people who will go hand pick their cars there. But, many people got scammed by german imports because of less than honorable importers over the years so just be careful :)

and yes that thread did spark this one, whoever i've been meaning to write this for a while.
              And it's a fine warning for those in the US considering buying an import. I just really dont like to be compared to the Frenches

:-D

Comment

Just do what I did and buy a car that was imported to the US when it was new. ;-)

Comment

Wouldn't that just make it us spec^^

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
                    For me the less options the better, rhd is so cool, It's all what you want but a true euro e30 will always be cool stateside
                    Oh so it's a jdm thing that you've transferred to a european vehicle. Interesting. And no, RHD won't always be cool over here just like it wasn't cool until jdm became a thing. Having RHD in the states is just another stupid fad that will fade out - but I'm pretty sure it already has so you might want to get with the program. Besides, aren't all cars in Australia RHD anyways?

And as far as european headlights, bumpers and the other bits - it's much cheaper and easier to put them on your US car than to import an entire car here.

Comment

Rhd is awesome. Idk how it's a fad here when you rarely see it... And people want euro spec cars for the sake of not having a car like everyone else's. If I had a choice between a 323 or us spec 325 both with euro goodies I'd take the 323 just cause it's a 323. Idk I'm just a euro spec freak. I wanna own every euro spec I find....

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

No, it's not uncommon for a car to have been a European delivery. My 323 was imported when it was purchased new in 85. The name of the guy who brought it over is stamped on the door sticker. It seems like *most* of the e23 745s are that way.
                        1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                        1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                        1974 2002tii / stock
                        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                          No, it's not uncommon for a car to have been a European delivery. My 323 was imported when it was purchased new in 85. The name of the guy who brought it over is stamped on the door sticker. It seems like *most* of the e23 745s are that way.
                          My car has the name of the guy who imported it on the door tag too. I'm pretty sure the guy that had my car was in the service and brought it back when he got shipped home.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

My car was never sold in the US, so no.

Comment

Is it your 525ix?

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by julien View Post
                                that gets me on the next subject of tourings
                                europe doesn't have f150s/silverados/rams, they use their wagons to pretty much do everything.
                                qft

Comment

Working...
                                X