No announcement yet.

Ethanol free gas stations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E85 is great for FI cars since the resistance to detonation is better but other than that it sucks. My Tahoe burns the E85 and when I use it , I see a good 15-20 reduction in mpg about equal to savings I get from it so I don't bother with it.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Woo just got some 92 at a gas station 5min away from me! Thanks brother

Comment

^^^^ Hell yes! It feels good don't it!

Comment

Being from Wisconsin, where there is always one nearby. I wasn't aware this was an issue. All grades too...

Site says 729 there... And there's tons up in the U.P. too... Maybe this is why all my cars last forever and rarely break down or have fuel issues (which has been never for the fuel issues).

*cheekish grin*

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Delaware hasn't made the list yet. I'll have to start looking.
            sigpic

Comment

As the most polluting population per capita in the world, we Aussies have the opposite if you US guys it seems - only about half the service stations have E10 (but all also have the pure stuff in 91, 95 & 98RON) and only 4 service stations in my state have E85!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by Liquidity View Post
                Go to a marina. Boats can't run ethanol. It literally dissolves their fuel tanks. Look it up.
                Ethanol absorbs moisture and then it corrodes things in the fuel system, the stuff can turn into thick milky white crud.
                sigpic
                Reich und Roll!

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                  As the most polluting population per capita in the world, we Aussies have the opposite if you US guys it seems - only about half the service stations have E10 (but all also have the pure stuff in 91, 95 & 98RON) and only 4 service stations in my state have E85!
                  You guys have a huge corn lobby?
                  1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I dunno guys... my Eta has probably been running on the 10% for a long time (I've been putting nothing but Regular in it since I got it - 22 months and over 100K km) and she seems to run just fine.
                    Estoguy
                    1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by cabriodster87 View Post
                      Originally posted by Liquidity View Post
                      Go to a marina. Boats can't run ethanol. It literally dissolves their fuel tanks. Look it up.
                      Ethanol absorbs moisture and then it corrodes things in the fuel system, the stuff can turn into thick milky white crud.
                      Why did you quote my post? Your comment has nothing to do with it. Ethanol dissolves the epoxy that binds the fiberglass gas tanks in boats and the tanks in many boats are a physical part of the hull making the entire boat pretty much worthless. Therefore all marinas carry ethanol free gas.

Comment

I feel like most gas station here have non-ethanol 92. I didn't realize it was rare in most places.

Comment

Since ethanol free in CA is nonexistent, this helps me sleep better:

RIP 02/25/15
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...16#post4356816

Comment

There's a Pure station on my way to work that has non-ethanol, but only in 93. It's about $4.35/gal. My e30 runs great on it, I've been using it for almost 2 years. I really don't spend any more money per week that I would using the monkey piss everyone else uses.
                            1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Originally posted by THEhomelessONE View Post
                              Since ethanol free in CA is nonexistent, this helps me sleep better:
                              http://www.glaciallakesenergy.com/events/2007_12-05.pdf
                              That is bullcrap. Those people need to brush up on their science
                              1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Working...
                              X