No announcement yet.

Let's see your morning commute.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you mean mexico, central america, canada, and carribian when you use that term, the answer is yes. if you are talking about the big ponds, then no. one day perhaps.....
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

^ok, didn't know there was a difference, but, yeah I meant the big ponds, as I was wondering if you ever flew to S.Africa.

That is a lot of places you fly to though!
      1990 325i
      2004 330i Individual 6-speed
      sigpic

Comment

Wish I could post/talk more about my commutes but a lot of my photos involve prototype vehicles which cannot be posted.

This was taken in Lesotho on the way back to our office at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        -ALaS

Comment

Great to see someone from R3V, all the way across the big pond, visiting this side of the world with pictures.

Lesotho, a country within S.Africa. Nice!!

I am not sure how often you visit this side for work, and I wonder if you heard of Gerotek. (Which is in S.Africa)

Gerotek facilities, is also in line with your type of work too.
          1990 325i
          sigpic

Comment

I commute from Carson City to Reno and back daily.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
              Great to see someone from R3V, all the way across the big pond, visiting this side of the world with pictures.

Lesotho, a country within S.Africa. Nice!!

I am not sure how often you visit this side for work, and I wonder if you heard of Gerotek. (Which is in S.Africa)

Gerotek facilities, is also in line with your type of work too.

It was nice to work over on that side of the pond! No, I haven't heard of Gerotek, they're doing vehicle development in S. Africa?

-ALaS

Comment

i commute along lake michigan (milwaukee) every day. i get some killer sunrises, but more importantly, lots of hot chicks running in the parks by the lake. i love summer.

Comment

Originally posted by alas View Post
                  It was nice to work over on that side of the pond! No, I haven't heard of Gerotek, they're doing vehicle development in S. Africa?

Gerotek is actually a place where cars are tested. Lots of magazine's use the facilities also when doing car reviews.
                  1990 325i
                  sigpic

Comment

Ahhh... I understand now. Good to know! :)

-ALaS

Comment

last night(actually this morning really) i did the red eye from seattle to cleveland (steamer).

we will call it yesterday the 24th of june. two days past the longest day of the year.

the flight started at around 10:30pm in Seattle (pacific time) and ended at 6 am in cleveland, ohio (eastern time). the flight covered 4 time zones and cleveland is 3 hours ahead of pacific time. the flight was blocked for 4.5 hours.

the significance of this will be apparent in a second or two so bear with me.

Oh, for legality purposes, i was seated in the back "deadheading" and shot these photos out the passenger window.

this is the first time i have taken off out of a city as the sun was setting and during the same flight i was able to experience the sun rise on the other end.

this first pic was at top of climb and pretty close to 11pm seattle time. at takeoff, there was still a good bit more sunlight in the sky. as i took this photo, i was wondering what that arc was in the middle of the pic stretching off to the right. i was thinking maybe haze but it turns out it was aurora borealis. i was really surprised to see this in the middle of summer.

they are kinda fuzzy because...well....they are handheld at 1.5 to 2 seconds in an aluminum tube hurling through the air at mach .79

this one is probably over missoula still pacific time. approximately midnight or a little later.

around lewiston montana mountain time. about 2am

minot, north dakota central time around 3:45 am

bemidji, mn about 4:20am. the sun is starting to come up already. this photo is facing about 020 degrees heading as in mostly north.(not east)

around green bay a few min later

this shot is between southern canada and lake erie. i would say we are around 5:45am eastern time at this point.

6:15am on the ramp on cleveland

sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

^Holy!!!! That is really awesome pics!!!

A setting sun and a rising sun on the same flight.

Thanks for sharing.
                        1990 325i
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
                          ^Holy!!!! That is really awesome pics!!!

A setting sun and a rising sun on the same flight.

Thanks for sharing.
                          Seconded. Very, very cool.
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Dude!! Sick lights!! I got to see some up in northern Sweden this year but didn't have a camera handy. From the plane you definitely get an awesome perspective!

-ALaS

Comment

Dammmm Flyboy I missed that post when you made it. I missd the N/L forecast too, even stuck in W TX I still keep an eye on it at home. FANTASTIC experience i am sure and thanks for sharing. BTW Missoula is Mountain time ;)
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

one more. i thought it was too good not to share with you guys. this was the sunrise out of vegas this morning.

of course, i was sitting in the back and shot this out the passenger window (passing through about 16,000 feet.)

sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X